The Non-Stoner Marijuana Markets

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by garrison68, Jan 14, 2023.

1. #1 garrison68, Jan 14, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
    I went to a local non-licensed store in NYC today to check out the wares, and see their lists of products. I had not been there in a while, but when it first opened you could get eighths, with a choice of about 40 strains. I don't even know what they're selling anymore. I'm a buds and hash person, from way back, but the customers in this store looked like they not only never rolled a joint, they haven't even smoked one, lol. They had a list of gummies and other edibles and Brittney Griner-type concentrates that I am not interested in. They did have some "pre-rolled" offers but I prefer to do it myself, the way I always have and always will unless I'm using a pipe or bong.

Is this where the weed market is going, are the real stoners going the way of dinosaurs in the mainstream commercialization of weed? :GettingStoned:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. I think there will always be OG stoners, the lifestyle/way of thinking is appealing to many. Of course you will always have the highly commercialized market with consumers just doing it cause everyone else is. Hopefully the plant will inspire some of those people to learn the history. Or it could be all going down the shitter, you just never know.

• Like Like x 3
  3. what did you expect, did you think it's gonna get edgier the more mainstream it becomes?

4. It's a shame it turned into what you are experiencing. Go to Mass. Give them your business and taxes. Our state could care less about losing tax revenue.

• Like Like x 1
  5. #5 Vee, Jan 14, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2023
    the way of dinosaurs?,
    No Chance 'we' are all at home blazed to the eye balls, socializing with each other on GC,
    as our home grows bake under industrial lighting
    you ain't the only one seeing how the future of weed is gonna roll ,
    home grow is the way, as a plus its almost free.

good luck

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Thank you. I do not have the ability to home grow, I live in an apartment with little space and 1940-era electricity. I will find ways to buy good, pure buds, by any means necessary, lol. I no longer need as much as when I was young. As we age, tolerance levels go down.

I bet that the majority of the non-stoners that buy edibles in these stores, don't even use enough to get off the way a smoker does, yet here we are having the outlets cater to them because they pay and edibles are easy to stock and sell.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Hang on man,
    I see PLENTY of the old guard in my store. I also see a TON of folks coming in to take advantage of legalization and curious to see if cannabis is right for them. I’ll always suggest they start with flower cuz I’m pretty old school myself, but it’s not a one size fits all market. Discretion is a concern for many people. Edibles are key for this crowd.
    I’m not a fan of the mega potent concentrates myself either. However, many of my medical clients need the massive dosages to get relief and they are not interested in smoking joints all day to get the same results that a dab will give them. Many, including myself, practice micro dosing, using small amounts more often, to keep the mood right.
    Here’s another bit of advice on choosing dispensaries in your area. It may take some leg work, but seek out organic growers, particularly ones that utilize living soils and truly natural resources. From what I have seen, these types will generally be more passionate about the plant itself, and focus on the flower more so than the concentrates that can be made from it.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Eventually, sure...That's capitalism.

But I wouldn't say it is there yet, there's still a lot of old school heads still at it.:coolalt:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. @TimJ
    not sure what else to expect... the old school stoners paved the way for the current " legalization " . the huge org types are seeing dollar signs everywhere in relation to cannabis ... coming out of prohibition or cllose to coming out the prices are still get shot at prices, go to jail risk prices and companies are all big eyes over starting a "legal" business that sells @ black market prices ... and then added tax on top of the black market price structure ... more dollar signs in the greedy Mfer's eyes

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. The old school stoners are not going to those candy stores anyways. The black market is thriving in NYS because the states rules and regulations committee have been dragging their feet for the past 2 years. I just think about the millions in lost tax revenue. I'm still shaking my head over here. In December our law makers went into a special session to give themselves a raise bringing their pay to $142,000.00 annually. They are now the highest paid state legislators in the nation. Because they're doing such exceptional work? Unbelievable....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. one day I will walk into the local supermarket, by the coffee kiosk, and there will be racks of weed in traditional bags with heavy teenie advertised labels directing new and old strains, at normal reasonable prices

but it may take some time

• Like Like x 2
  12. My crazy theory is the reason why weed is becoming legal is so the government can have better control over the industry

before. U had Mexicans growing it in fields and then they send it over or small independent growers in the states growing it. Organized crime has its hand in it

now. The government is taxing it. Making a percentage. They are saying who can and who can not grow it. Who can sell it. If u sell it. U have to pay the government for the rights to

Maybe u can open your own store and make your store with your vision of how a weed store should be. I read an article saying there are thousands of unlicensed weed shops in nyc rite now

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. while we transition is is blatantly obvious that cannabis plant and man' relation to it is better off left out of GOV hands altogether ... the fact they banned and killed, maimed people over it the last 86 years is the first glaring issue ... now they want to tax people for using it !? once GMO is on board its over ... plant is screwed , the biology will be Fucked up in there forever more ... the only good to come out of prohibition is no GMO cannabis

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. who you think let them grow it and sell it? be under no illusions, they were always involved. Biggest farms were CIA farms. Every big time "bust" you ever heard of, for the most part, was bullshit theatrics.

• Like Like x 1
  15. One of the great things about cannabis is that it is all natural

• Like Like x 1
  16. No, this is the way it has always been. You have just been sold some stereotypical idea of what it means to be a stoner through mass media and culture. Plenty of people consume cannabis without looking like a reject from a teen movie. Nothing changed except your perception of reality. There is no “type” for cannabis users.

17. Gummies and edibles, and commercially manufactured concentrates, have *not* been around for 50 or 60 years. I do not consider myself on the level of a soccer mom or college kid who eats a gummy bear that most stoners would not even feel unless they consumed the entire box. :pimp:

• Like Like x 1