The new pop-up video ads that autoplay really suck.

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by A guy, Jul 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I get that GC is a free service and that it's paid for, probably mostly, by us viewing in-forum ads. But these new pop-up video ads that automatically play (with audio) really suck. I don't like them anywhere on the web but I definitely avoid websites that I know have them...such as the large tv network sites. I hope that you're able to find a way to pay for this forum without them. I know I'd pay a little to not see them.

My 2¢

• Like Like x 1
  2. Agreed. I'd pay a up to a whole dollar a month. Would get rid of some trolls.

• Like Like x 2
  3. auto play videos in general should be outlawed

• Like Like x 2
  4. you guys have Ad block? i have it for chrome... on the PC. click the icon in the top bar. and click add extension.

then click the video, the video player, basically everything associated with it. i did all that maybe 2 weeks ago and havent seen it since

• Like Like x 1
  5. Good idea. I also use Ad Block on chrome on PC here at work. I guess I just need to sick it on that ad. Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ya i use ad block and haven't had any problems i was just stating that any kind of auto play video is awful and is the quickest way to make me leave a site

even like youtube i have installed a extension to prevent those videos from playing until i click play

• Like Like x 1
  7. ah ok. i just quoted all you guys to make sure you saw the work around. :)

8. yes especially when ur wearin headphones:excl:

9. Which ad is displayed to you ? Normally ads shouldn't be visible to logged in members

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. Actually, a couple of days after I posted this (not related to my post) I stopped getting them. The ads were for some sort of vaporizer, probably a pen, and it involved lightning and maybe Thor...I don't remember after that. They were popping up on both my chrome browser at work and my ipad at home. But like I said, I haven't seen them for several days. I didn't change anything on my end.

11. I get "powered by MANTIS" ads come up all the time. It's usually the same one.

12. I also get visual ads like the one I'm seeing right here above the text box, a "The Vault" ad.

13. This shall be corrected now.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Thanks for everything.

15. I get the same mantis ads not sure if I am supposed to.

16. This is an old thread...please report this issue in this new thread: again with the advertisements???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.