The New Ipod 5

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by TokeOfJenius, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Yes, you are, because smart phones have rendered iPods pretty much useless as long as you're smart enough to put your music on there (which is sooooo easy).

2. Not necessarily. I'm one of the few people that still don't have an iphone (not interested in changing my phone service and paying over a hundred dollars more a month) and i'd rather have 8000 songs, movies, games, etc on an ipod than crowding my smart phone. I've used it to listen to music before, but that was short lived. Much rather the ipod.

3. You don't need an iPhone to put music on your phone.

4. Yeeeesss CSU I'm well aware of that lol

5. With the terrible battery life of todays smartphones, I sometimes use my ipod for music to save my phone battery.

6. [quote name='"Kman420"']With the terrible battery life of todays smartphones, I sometimes use my ipod for music to save my phone battery.[/quote]

This everyday

7. I have an iphone and the newest iPod nano, simply because i dont want to work out with my phone, and want music, and apps/phone separate.

as far as the new iPod touch is concerned, it looks pretty good, love the colours, not a fan of all the white though.
    OP, I agree with out, you get pretty much an iPhone 5 without signing your life away and data connection
    seems worth it to me, i just didnt get one because i have an iphone

8. iPod sound quality has just never been good enough for me.

I got a Zune HD on launch day, and it's still going strong. I listen to it all day at work, and only have to charge it once a week.

I'm another of those people who definitely think it makes sense to have a dedicated music player along with your smartphone. My smartphone battery would not even last my entire 9 hour work shift if I was listening to music. And, since I have a smartphone, my music player doesn't need to have apps and all that BS to go along with it.

I do really enjoy the colors on the new iPods, though. The new Nano is butt ugly however.

9. I just use my phone I have 3000 songs an a few movies. I feel I pods are over rated

10. I use my iPod still all the time.

11. what is an ipod? I have a Iphone that can do all that and more...

12. I've also heard that the Zune is a better mp3 player all around, but you know Apple is a mastermind (evil genius?) at advertising and making their product the thing to have. I'll be honest, that was a huge part of why I bought it.

13. WTF is this, they make iPods nicer than their iPhones.

lolol apple is so good at failing its amazing. How they succeed with this BS is beyond logic.

new Nano is stupid though as others said, why waste money and time on that tiny screen. id rather have a old style nano with the click wheel and less chance of breaking it.

still not buying one though, i dislike iOS too much. looks dope though, wish there was green version, but id scoop the red.

14. There is a green one...but I agree with everything else you said haha. Fuck iOS. Shit looks like Duplo blocks

15. There is a green nano, not iTouch though....

16. Nah man, there is most definitely a green iPod Touch. My roommate bought one and it sits on our kitchen table all day long

EDIT: http://www.apple.com/ipod/

17. thats yellow... are you color blind?

theres yellow, red, silver, blue, black.

18. Looks lime green to me dude.

If I'm wrong, well oops.

19. I got the iPhone 5 a couple weeks ago for 200, and I'm paying 80 a month, a little much but I think it's worth it, used to pay 60 a month for no texts but I upped to unlimited everything (AT&T grandfathered).

I like having everything on 1 device and I used to think the battery life was awful but it's actually really good especially considering my 3G is always on (there's no way too switch to edge which sucks).

if I'm listening to music I like that I can answer immediately and it'll go back to music on the phone after the phone call.

also data while talk, it's helped so much.

I'm sure in the future wifi will be practically everywhere, but it's still not, another bonus.

I'd say the only downside is the 2 year contract or buying it outright which is dumb expensive, but then again I also think the itouch is also dumb expensive.

2 cents.