The new I-pods

Discussion in 'General' started by fm_skunk, Sep 20, 2007.

1. Alright so my old ipod broke and now I need a new one.

I was thinking about getting the ipod touch 16gb http://www.apple.com/
    It's the same price as an iphone, but I wanna wait until the iphone is more advanced/and is available from verizon

would you rather get the ipod touch ($399) or the 80gb classic video ipod ($249)?

2. Get the 80 gig. If you like the touch but are just waiting on improvements from the iphone, get the video. 16 gigs just aint enough space anyway.

I'm about to get the 160 gig soon. Finally an ipod that can hold all my music! :hello:

3. haha damn 160 gigs of movies and music in the palm of your hand, yay for technology

4. i m about to get the 16 g touch... 16 gs is plenty for me

5. ^ I agree...I have something like 3000 songs running either 128kb/s or 192kb/s and I only use 15GB or so on my 4th gen monochrome-screened iPod. Nothing wrong with it either lol. Personally I think the new 160GB 'Pods are rediculous. Thats like 30,000 songs FFS!

6. hmm, I'm not sure yet..

Leanin towards the 80gb classic in black, but damn the ipod touch looks so nice (but $400 is a lot of money for just 16gigs). Why can't they have a 50gb model!? I've got a wireless airport router, but places with wi-fi are def limited. So internet on the touch won't be available at all times

[​IMG]

Select your iPod touch.

[​IMG]

Revolutionary multi-touch interface
    3.5-inch widescreen color display
    Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)
    Safari, YouTube, iTunes Wi-Fi Music Store
    8mm thin
    \tShips: \t7-10 business days \t
    \t \t\tFree Shipping \t
    $399.00

OR

[​IMG]

Select your iPod Classic.

\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t \t\t\t\t\t [​IMG]

2.5-inch color display
    4.9 ounces (140 grams)
    2.4 x 4.1 x .41 inches
    (103.5 x 61.8 x 10.5mm)

\tShips: \tWithin 24 hours \t
    \t \t\tFree Shipping \t
    $249.00

7. Again, I say go for more storage space.

8. I guess that's what it really comes down to; music and how much of it you can have in your pocket. I have way to much music.

orderin that sob a little later, just thinkin about what to engrave on the back

quick question- you can convert .avi dvd files into mpeg4s and then play them on the classic ipod right? last one I had was a nano

9. They should have used hard drives for the ipod touch... Apple...

10. If not i'm sure you can find a free program online that does. I also have a huge music collection. I'm gonna be getting the 160gig classic when I get the bank.

11. Well I have a 60GB iPod which is now completely full of music, so I would say get the 80GB one. By the way, Apple also makes a 120GB and 160GB version of the iPod classic now. I am probably going to get the 160GB because I don't want their to be any limitations in the near future, as far as storing my music goes.

PS - Yes you can download a program called Video 9 to convert all your avi's to mp4.

12. 160 gig I-pod thats rough, I think I'll have to get one. I hate to abandon my creative zen but fuck 160 gigs, going to have to start on getting another 50 gigs of music asap.:hello:

I'd go with the 80 gig skunk if you have that much to put on it, 16gigs isn't much.