The New Heineken Commercial

Discussion in 'General' started by Foop, May 23, 2008.

1. This one:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sn-NtOXFE3Y&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Sn-NtOXFE3Y&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I'm sorry but that has to be the worst song of all time to put on a beer commercial, just read the lyrics.

"it's love
    it's love
    it's la-la-la-la-love

and I want you
    I want you every single day
    and I need you
    I need you every single way

and it's love
    it's love
    it's love
    it's la-la-la-la-love

it's love
    it's love
    it's love
    it's la-la-la-la-love

I always needed this
    but I never knew
    how much I wanted it"

I need you? I need you every single day? Is this like some sort of tortured alcoholic singing to his bar can or something? I just don't really get what they were thinking when they put this song to the commercial. Yeah it is catchy, but did they read the lyrics?

2. yes i agree, and also, they should not have dancers in white dresses dancing along to a beer commercial

3. I'm gonna have to agree too, why would they replace that awesome commercial with the robots dancing to techno with this shit?

4. looks like those happy ass coca-cola commercials...but with alcohol.

I LOVE IT! xD

5. I guess I'm not saying that the song itself is bad, its not. I just don't think a song with the lyrics of "I need you every single day, and I want you" should be on a beer commercial. That just sends a bad message in my opinion.

6. Haha I hate American advertisements so much.
    They're honestly the most annoying pieces of shit ever.
    It's like they're all written by foreign people trying to be hip.

7. at least it's about love :love:

8. lame ass beer finally has a lame as commercial to back it up.

9. WHAT? heinekens the shit! :)

........i liked that commercial.....this one sucks.

10. Heineken is solid brew.

Every time I am high and see the commercial I smile haha. It is so catchy and upbeat, how can you not like it?!?

11. Ummm, because of the lyrics of the song. "I need you every single day." is one example. Do you really want to say that on a beer commercial? It's like an AA reject talking about his addiction to the devil's brew.

12. I think its a catchy song.

13. I give up.

14. daaaaaaamn that part from 0:21 to 0:26 looks like a god damn mushroom trip :D

15. I get what you´re saying man, it´s like this one time I was watching football (soccer) match and right before they started the second half, this hand with a straw appears and SNIFFS UP the center circle and a voice over comes on and says

"Drugs are where you least expect them" and nothing else

I just couldn´t help thinking of all the cokeheads who were watching the game, in Chile that would be 99% of them, and NEEDED a hit after seeing that.

edit:
    OK, maybe it´s nothing like that, but they shouldn´t use songs with those lyrics...like I said, it´s like those happy ass coca-cola commercial, but with alcohol, so it probably isn´t such a good idea.

16. Shit is funny to me. Everytime i see this commercial i wana drink a henie then pass it lol

Im laughing right now seeing it. The song is stupid as shit but dam they just keep PASSING

17. It is catchy guys, admit it