The New Grow Room

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by SmokinWitJoe, Jul 30, 2013.

1. #1 SmokinWitJoe, Jul 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2013
    What do you think?

IMAG0148.jpg

IMAG0147.jpg

IMAG0152.jpg

IMAG0146.jpg

IMAG0145.jpg

IMAG0144.jpg

IMAG0143.jpg

IMAG0142.jpg

IMAG0141.jpg

IMAG0139.jpg

2. Any comments? Suggestions? Anything?

3. Hella clean Install.

4. Sweet...very clean and organized...just the way I like things myself.
    Two things I would add are:
    Panda poly on the walls (at least the non finished ones) to help reflect light to the outsides of your plants
    A fan to move air around the room (I use wall mount fans). Good for overall circulation and helps strengthen the stalks.

Overall a nice job

5. nice job dude. 

6. This is a very beautiful grow!

7. Any way to get some Dora the explorer going in there?

Here is an update. I do have a fan for circulation, I just had it in another room when I had taken those pictures above. Here is a couple new pictures. Oh and I included a picture taken on the other side of the room so you could see the blower fan and vent port for light system. I also have some plants in vegetative growth. 5 Ultimate Indica. 3 Durban Poison. 3 Supreme Hash Plant. 1 Burmese Kush x Strawberry Cough. Let me know what you think. Thanks for the input everybody.

The pictures will be in the post after this one.... I can't seem to figure out how to do it right now.

9. Oh and as far as the reflective material on the walls... I have a big roll of black and white poly, and it's really thick. It's what I used on the floor for easier clean up. I didn't use it on the walls though because I just found out about this reflective material called Orca. Look it up, Orca is the best. I could tell you all about it, but they have lots of info online. Check YouTube for some tests with the Orca.

Actually here is a pretty good video about Orca:

"Orca Grow Film Best Reflective Material for Grow Rooms Wall Reflective GrowRoom Film Indoor Garden"
    http://youtu.be/z3k-KowCR7Y

10. Less bends in the vent tubing will make you smile,....as Mj grow books ...move to the bedroom, you don't need most of that stuff and will eventually confuse you too hell ...lol

11. #12 SmokinWitJoe, Aug 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2013
    When I raise the lights during flowering there should be less bends in the ducting for sure. Either way I'm running excellent temps right now so It's all good. Even when it's 90+ outside it doesn't get hotter than 82. During the night it get's down to 72. It's usually at about 75-76 though. So I can't complain at all, I'm already smiling. I've read the books, they're pretty useful.

12. Looks like a great setup, great job on the clean install!

ORCA is great stuff, but I haven't found it to work any better (or worse) than standard panda film.   I've found flat white paint to work the best as a reflective material.

13. 2 things you need

1.[​IMG]
    Looks a lot cleaner with a wall mount fan.  Wal-mart has one for $50 or the pictured one for 3 times that.

I think you need a pet on those shelfs. How about some anoles in a cage. You should have them in a easy to escape cage. That way you have to find them while checking the plants out. It will keen your eye, might make it funner? The true organic haha[​IMG]

14. what lights you running?

15. Very clean setup. I love to see growers take pride in what they do. 

16. Great looking room!  I'm in the planning stages for my room build now and your room has definitely inspired me.  Mind if I pick your brain a bit?  What size lights are you running? I'm thinking of going with 2x600's.  What is the square footage of the room?  When you are running at full capacity how many plants do you plan on having in there? I know lots of questions but I promise this is the last one.  Are you going to have another room for veg or will you be doing everything in this room?

17. I'm also curious what wattage your veg room is rollin' at, as well as your flower room?? Amperage Draw? But your pic's made me drool and look even more forward to upgrading on more space ASAP! You've got things looking real skookum, professional, clean and with ample room for width and height. I'm far more restricted in my 29foot trailer, hahaha. But where my king size bed used to be, is (as of an hour ago) an upgraded veg/flower room of about 3,500-3,750watts before & now it's runnin' strong at 5,250watts and pulling about 37.75amps. Can't wait to throw my girls into flower... 

18. #19 SmokinWitJoe, Sep 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2013

I'm running 2 x 1000 watt bulbs. Maxlume Metal Halide during veg. Eye Hortilux Super HPS during flowering. The room is 11' 2" in length. 9' 2" wide. 8' from the floor to the top. The actually grow area is 11' 2" x 5'. My first run in the new remodel I had 20 plants in 1 gallon pots for the first week and a half of "true veg". After sexing I was left with 12 females. I put them in 5 gallon fabric root pots, and left them in veg for two and a half to three more weeks. They are now in flower and I wish I had used 10 gallon fabric pots so I didn't have to water as often as I am, but as far as filling the growing space up.... These 12 plants are packed in the space. I topped all of the plants like crazy though, so they are pretty bushy. So far so good.

19. Damn dude you have my dream setup! One day when we get a house haha. Entire bedroom is getting turned into our grow room! Love the pics!