The new BHO discussion thread

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by SIRSOG, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Hoping i can get a reply without being told to read the 331 pages lol. Gunna be buying some solvent for my first dewaxing sleeve run after upgrading from a 18" closed column extractor. I am wondering what your guys opinions are on blended butane, specificaly 78% butane 22% propane. Is it better? This stuff is from best value vac, says 99.999% pure.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I’ve read that propane does a better job pulling out terpenes, it might be worth giving it a shot

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  3. anyone using steel wool in a filter plate extension? Was wondering what coarse size is best dont wantnit to get clogged but also want it to filter the best.

4. Don’t let your biomass heat up or see light. Best to treat it like you flower and as soon as it’s prepared you freeze it while you wait for extraction. Ph is super important and you can change this with Decomposition of the biomass. Use of absorbents in line the extraction system can make consistency in color.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Propane is a more effective solvent than butane. Butane will perform similar but usually takes more time or more solvent to absorb all the cannabinoids and terpenes. Also the increase soak time leads to the butane warming up and making dark products.

6. Steel wool has low surfaces area for an absorbent.

7. I'm curious about if I break up my blast into 2 parts, would I get 2 grades of shatter. If I run 300ml per 15gr of dry material, it takes 6 cans to extract a 90gr tube. If I blast the first 2 cans into a pyrex and the last 4 into another pyrex, will I have 2 different grades of BHO? Have you tried this? What were your results?
    Thanks for your input.

8. How did the mixed Propane work?

9. #6629 stupidstuff, Sep 23, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
    Why all this steal wool and mixed solvents stuff? What does it filter, what does it extract more? You are not getting anything better than I got 10 no 11 years ago with open blasting and a pressure cooker converted into a vaccuum oven.
    Good bho starts with good material. Sorry I have been out of the game for a while only making my own personal.