The new BHO discussion thread

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by SIRSOG, Feb 13, 2012.

1. #6561 stupidstuff, Jan 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
    You must have missed my instructional thread that has millions and millions of views and over 4000 responses. That link I posted. I showed the world all the little secrets no one else would back 4 years ago when people were still arguing over weather blasting on pp was bad. Professional grade setup? That's funny shit right there! Like that makes you an expert. Anyone can buy professional equipment but only a true expert does not need it to make excellent products. You don't even understand the chemistry and science that makes each finished product. Nor do you probably know the processes involved during an extraction. Read my thread and stop sounding like an egotistical fool.

2. In 2013 i was one of the few people testing with 0ppm have my paper work to show it and it was an open blast with a crockpot purge setup. The medicine passed testing to make in into the Secret Cup and then tested at 0ppm over all other competitors. Lol just because you wrote a thread with a bunch of views or whatever you did doesn't make you an extract artist. I only know one other person that tested at 0ppm in 2013 lol.

3. Are you guys enjoying your pissing contest??? No one but either of you really cares guys I bet you both make really dank oil me I make Tane soup and I smoke that shit without worries, and I get shatter most of the time out of my bed bath and beyond Turkey Baster..... probably really dirty Tane soup, but it gets me high, I don't sell it lol but still you both sound knowledgeable and like you make dank stuff which is awesome I'll take samples from both of you and judge if you guys would like a bipartisan judge but other than that can we drop the pissing contest and shit and get back to helping folks like me become better extract artist

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. agreed sorry for getting hyped up have had a rough fuckin holiday's. We all get back to taking care of people and making sure others are doing things proper. I know we can agree to disagree on certain styles of tech. We need to come together and share knowledge and people do what works for them such as we both have done. Cheers and sorry all about this shit.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I am new to the vacuum chamber process. So forgive my newb questions. I have 2 valves on my chamber, 1 is intake and the other connects to the pump via surgical hosing. I run the pump with the intake valve closed until I reach -13 psi. Than i shut the valve that connects to the pump, than I shut down the pump. after about 10 seconds the tubing begins to fill with oil. So my questions are..is this normal? or is this the result of too much oil? Also, once the pressure is released is it o.k. to vacuum back all the pump oil? Any and all tips appreciated. Mahalo.

6. 100 C is boiling point... are you referring to celsius or fahrenheit?

7. Possibly i hope that he is aware that boiling points drop when items are put under a vacuum. What altitude are you at then you can calculate the atmospheric pressure to find boiling points.

8. Hey guys. So I don't have a vacuum chamber or pump. I have a seedling pad with a temp controller. Only making a half o run. What can I do to make this good without a vacuum. I will have to wait until I come up with more money which will be within the month.

9. Hey mate,

my suggestions would be to float your Pyrex tray in another one and turn that mat on high depending on temp ranges. Let this purge for atleast 72hrs and you should have almost like a shatter consistency. I purge for roughly 95hr's but i do have an Across International over.

10. So if I understand correctly,similar to a double boiler setup? Dish with water floating and my Pyrex with my oil in my dish on top of the floating filled water pyrex? Then I just set it and forget it for like 72 hrs?

11. I hear mixed things on grinding. Right now all my stuff is about pinky fingernail size,is this good enough or should it be broken down further?

12. All of my research explains that grinding it leads to too much plant material which creates green shatter.

13. Grinding is a personal preference. I have never had problems with green shatter. If your getting darker shatter your column and plant material also isn't cold enough for you to now pull fats, waxes and lipids. I use 7 filters in my CLP and grind everything up with never having any green or dark colored material. Its not only your starting product but how you handle your product before and after the process to ensure top quality.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Hi guys. This was my first time doing a BHO run. I used the thermos soak method. I can explain it more if someone needs. I didnt freeze my trimmings before, but i did freeze my butane cans. Didnt grind up my trimmings. Ran 28 grams, and got just over 2 grams back. (I know not the best yield, but it was my first go). It looks really good imho and tastes nice as well, no harshness. Vector butane, vacuum purged at ~110F. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  15. hey guys,

had my temp set to 107 degrees, went out for lunch and almost shit my pants when the actual temp showed 140. I hear most people say that terps begin to boil off at 120, so is this run fucked?

kicking myself for getting a BVV oven instead of an Across..

p.s., I'm going to infuse the bho into coconut oil for edibles, so doesn't need to be shatter specifically.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Why are you making bho just to dissolve into coconut oil? Skip all the chemicals, decarb your bud/trim first then double boil in coconut oil...

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

17. Just finished a vac purge of some reclaim/grinder wash I'm using for edibles. Weighed out to 2.5 before I put it in. But it's too sticky now to weigh because of the decarb. How much weight do you Guys lose during a purge. I could handle it before the purge so it wasn't wet or anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ive never weighed it before the purge because that seems like useless info... but you will definitely lose some weight. Probably not a significant amount.

19. I only weighed it before purge because I knew that once I put in my jar I wouldn't be able to get it out. I purged and added Coconut oil right into it. Hopefully dosage is accurate.

What I thought was crazy was that I decarbed at 250, figured after my decarb was done, that with such a high temp, all solvents would be cooked off. Nope. Still bubbled for 2 days in the vac at 27.5.

20. Bubbles do not always equal solvent. The terpenes among other plant matter are also evaporating as well