the Net Neutrality thread

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jman42028, Nov 28, 2017.

1. #421 Green Wizard, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    OMG. You don't get it. You think the internet is like bottled water. Haha.

You're assuming I'm getting cheaper service for faster speeds?

Wrong.

I'm paying four times as much for a 40 mbps plan, which on a good day, only tests out to around 17 mbps. At least when I was paying 19.95 a month for 56k dial up, I was getting what I paid for. If I had more competition in the ISP market for high speed internet, maybe I could get what I pay for. That is not the case.

Try again.

Better yet, don't.

2. It's like you almost can feel a few IQ points slipping away every time you read his posts.

"The core principal of freedom is the only notion to obey" - Dimmu Borgir

• Like Like x 1

3. #fakenews

4. Oh wow, old Johnny Boy finally chimes in with a zinger.

Read the forum rules pal.

5. So you are paying 300% more for a 30257% increase in speed? Sounds like a bargain to me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. If they are advertising 40mbps for x amount and I only get 17, I'm still getting ripped off regardless. And of course you know that wouldn't happen if I had five other ISP's to choose from.

7. grasping, grasping, falling, failing! You are a walking contradiction lol its a joke you cant be serious?

8. i was literally just doing the math to show this guy how stupid he sounds but you beat me lol.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. OMG. You don't get it. You think the internet is like bottled water. Haha.

You're assuming I'm getting cheaper service for faster speeds?

Wrong.

I'm paying four times as much for a 40 mbps plan, which on a good day, only tests out to around 17 mbps. At least when I was paying 19.95 a month for 56k dial up, I was getting what I paid for. If I had more competition in the ISP market for high speed internet, maybe I could get what I pay for. That is not the case.

Try again.

Better yet, don't.

10. I'm not dumb enough to want to pay 500 a month for broadband sorry.

11. You didn't get 56kbps with 56k either. I recall usual download apeeds being 3-4kpbs, a damn 5mb mp3 song took a good 10-25min and now we can stream HD movies.

remember when pictures loaded from top to bottom? Kids these days have no idea what we went through haha.

BTW that 40mbps usually has an asterisk saying *up to 40mpbs depending on trafric etc.

• Agree Agree x 1

12. I had it rubbed out before it reached the belly button.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Nope. just greedy enough to cap internet providers so you are locked in while people like me have no access at all.
    Why do you have a problem with me paying above market prices to encourage providers to bring a service to people who don't have it at all GW? People like me paying more are the reason people like you get cheap shit, get it? Computers cost 10s of thousands of dollars when they first came out. Rich people buying them at 30g a pop funded the industry and created the capital to bring computers to the masses. Today virtually every home in america has a computer. You speak of municipalities as though they are a success when their failures are so evident in your every day life. From old water lines that are corroded and fail to reach even a minority in my area. Old electrical grid system that is outdated and falling apart and is starting fires yearly in my area. Telephone lines that are basically obsolete because of cell service but still drains tax payers of millions. Sewer systems that dump into our water ways and oceans. The list goes on and on.

14. Still not getting it.

Here we go again. In 1996 we had the telecommunications act which was supposed to increase competition. However, telecom companies when building out DSL, left out independent ISP by fucking with their connections, delaying their service hook up, and all sorts of ILLEGAL practices that were guarded against in the 1996 telecommunications act. They paid off regulators to do this. In 1998 I had about ten ISP's to choose from. Today, I have one. The government didn't do this by itself. The fault lies squarely on the telecoms. They corrupted the government. Fuck man you got a fucking former telecom exec running the fucking FCC. You can't read the writing on the fucking wall?

CORRUPTION

Get big business out of our government.

We have a separation of church in state in our constitution. Conservatives don't like it, but there is a reason for it. We need a separation of corporations and state, and again, conservatives won't like it.

15. copy and paste king of wiki..... cmon dude think once for yourself

16. #436 Green Wizard, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
    Nah dude. That shit came from my finger tips. The information provided is from historical facts from doing diligent research

17. do you know who the FCC chairman of the FCC was when NN was enacted? Is the same writing on the wall you are talking about lololol?

18. we have already debunked your 1996 claim. Your internet service has been improved by over 30,000, thats 30 thousand percent at a 300 percent mark up...... can you show me one industry or service that can compare to this? Your 1996 example is a epic fail my friend keep searching for a sound argument.... Grasscity anxiously awaits.

• Winner Winner x 1

19. tom wheeler

20. No you didn't.

My argument is a lack of competition and why it exists in the ISP market.

Read it again.

Here we go again. In 1996 we had the telecommunications act which was supposed to increase competition. However, telecom companies when building out DSL, left out independent ISP by fucking with their connections, delaying their service hook up, and all sorts of ILLEGAL practices that were guarded against in the 1996 telecommunications act. They paid off regulators to do this. In 1998 I had about ten ISP's to choose from. Today, I have one. The government didn't do this by itself. The fault lies squarely on the telecoms. They corrupted the government. Fuck man you got a fucking former telecom exec running the fucking FCC. You can't read the writing on the fucking wall?

CORRUPTION

Get big business out of our government.

We have a separation of church in state in our constitution. Conservatives don't like it, but there is a reason for it. We need a separation of corporations and state, and again, conservatives won't like it.