the Net Neutrality thread

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jman42028, Nov 28, 2017.

1. Government by the people.

Back to the thread.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. The internet shouldn't be regulated at all it's should just be

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. First Net Neutrally, next will be the government taxing the ammo (and other goods) we bulk buy online.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. This thread is about net neutrality...let's keep it on topic...

jmick

• Like Like x 1
  5. his first point.... imagine if the water that came out of your sink was privatized. Uh yeah its called bottled water and its prefered over municipal water for obvious reasons. Cleanliness, no chemicals added, taste, in fact buying water is a billion dollar business.

"Capping a remarkable, decades-long streak of vigorous growth, bottled water passed a major milestone in 2016 when it surpassed carbonated soft drinks to become the largest beverage category by volume in the United States.

According to the Beverage Marketing Corporation (BMC), total bottled water volume grew from 11.8 billion gallons in 2015 to 12.8 billion gallons in 2016, an increase of nearly 9 percent. This marked the third year in a row of accelerating growth."-IBWA (International Bottled Water Associations, yeah we have one lol)

Why do people buy water at all GW?

Because its better when bought from private companies. Just like the internet is better in private hands.

6. Former Verizon exec turned FCC chair on Fox news, who Verizon buys advertising space from, pitching against NN.

Can you hear me now?

Disgusting corporatist pigs.

7. Lame point. Bottled water is a scam and the oceans are trashed with little plastic bottles. Get an RO unit.

8. You decrying about the oceans being trashed or a scam, is that an intentional misdirection or your inability to follow the line of reasoning?

Suggesting an RO unit, why would anyone need one if not for the point he was making?

i.e. Private > Government

9. It's a dumb comparison and misdirection of the thread. My city has a RO system. I get RO from the tap. Well, it still is mildly chlorinated to ensure no harmful bacteria.

Get an RO system for the point I'm making, which is a counter point to his dumb point. You get my point?

Oh, and never mind Fox news hosting Ajit Pai for his defense against NN. There's no smoke there.:thumbsup:

10. I love this sentiment, but the internet simply just isn't

To attempt to make it very simple - it's akin to saying that hamburgers should just be, and that the gourmet blue cheese mmmgoodness luxury burger at the Burgere d' Coste Grande should cost the same as the tencent bun-n-patty-one-slice-a-pickle at your local gas station

that's being a little colorful to make the example, but people often forget that there is a complex system of cost underneath the internet that seems to be like rainwater or the open plains, when in reality it's more like a power grid

(Edit: Don't get me wrong, atm I'm for regulations/taxation to make the internet "'forced' fair", although this opinion is under ongoing examination)

11. Again millions maybe even billions of people disagree with you and i just showed you hard evidence not a opinion.

A misdirection??? It backs my claims that the private sector does everything better. You posted a video where the first thing the guy says is imagine how terrible it would be if you had private business supplying the water that comes out of our faucets. I showed you how in fact billions of dollars are spent on bottled water owned by private business despite the fact you can get water out of a municipal faucet that they already are paying for. So people are willing to pay extra for bottled water on top of the money they are charged for city water because its better.

ps not to mention i too have a RO and it has a 1 to 1 waist ratio so for every gallon of clean water you get a gallon of dirty water.

12. Fail. My water delivery is privatized. There are no shortages.

Now... once again, these B- talking heads are complaining that they only have one choice for a cable internet provider, yet can't connect the dots that 1.) The same government created the cable monopolies 2.) Net Neutrality wouldn't change the municipal cable-franchise monopoly arrangement anyway.

I stopped watching this drivel at "jackoffs in red states"

• Like Like x 1
  13. #396 Green Wizard, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    OMG.

Ok. Here is the dumb dude. Do you bath with bottled water?.Do you mop your floors with bottled water? Do you wash the windows with bottled water? Do you water your lawn with bottled water?

Dumb. Just a dumb comparison.

14. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. #398 Green Wizard, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
    It's not jackoffs. It's jagoffs. There's a difference.

Jesus Christ. Here we go again. In 1996 we had the telecommunications act which was supposed to increase competition. However, telecom companies when building out DSL, left out independent ISP by fucking with their connections, delaying their service hook up, and all sorts of ILLEGAL practices that were guarded against in the 1996 telecommunications act. They paid off regulators to do this. In 1998 I had about ten ISP's to choose from. Today, I have one. The government didn't do this by itself. The fault lies squarely on the telecoms. They corrupted the government. Fuck man you got a fucking former telecom exec running the fucking FCC. You can't read the writing on the fucking wall?

CORRUPTION

Get big business out of our government.

We have a separation of church in state in our constitution. Conservatives don't like it, but there is a reason for it. We need a separation of corporations and state, and again, conservatives won't like it.

16. Sure, the former is much better than the later and is super useful in convincing arguments. :blink:

17. Jagoffs is your only hang up with that post? Ha.