The Nature of the Universe

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Hathora, Apr 15, 2011.

1. #1 Hathora, Apr 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2011
    Hello. I’m here to talk to you about my understanding of God.

I did not figure out God through church. I have never been religious until now, though as a child I tried to believe since my family was Christian. Mom was a Christian, but as non-practicing as you could get. She believes in God, but has never been able to verbalize her belief to me and has never seemed to have the will to try. But I know she truly believes.

As a child, I prayed and prayed, "If you're really there, please help me understand." I was told that anyone who genuinely searched for him would find him... but I couldn't find him. It wasn't that I disbelieved... I just had no reason to believe. So I didn't. Period. It's that easy.

I didn’t believe in ghosts, angels, or any sort of supernatural. Even though I always oddly loved watching things about the supernatural, I truly and actively disbelieved in any sort of supernatural activity. People who were afraid of the dark were afraid of something that simply wasn’t there. I understood that.

I found God in physics. I have been fascinated with the cosmos and just… the way the universe works my entire life. I like knowing how things work. I even like working on my car, though I don’t recommend trying to change your own spark plugs if you own a Ford. And you can learn how to do almost anything nowadays with the internet.

What I need you to understand here is how I came to this answer. I did not go to church and get preached to, and my heart just filled with joy, and I thought, “This feels right! This must be true! I’m SAVED!”

Yeah… no.

I don’t work like that. Never have. I found God through education and rational thought, the good old fashioned way. Before you gathered in your churches and in your schools and in your offices, you were sitting in a loincloth, scratching yourself, and staring at the world and the stars and the sky and wondering what it all was and what it all meant and what your role in all this was.

Why did you stop asking? I understand why. And I’m not judging. And I understand that some of you haven’t stopped asking, but you’re pretty wary as to what you’ll even listen to anymore. And others will think this is complete crap no matter what I possibly say here. It is the nature of things. It must be. But I’m not trying to reach those ones. I’m trying to reach the curious ones, the open ones, the passionate ones, the lost ones, the ones like me who did or could have also prayed as a child, “Please help me understand.”

I want to help you understand. I tried to do that once here and I realize I started the wrong way, and we must start from the beginning.

There are many other things, an infinite number of things, that help in understanding the world once you get what it is. I guess my mistake was using any of the "personal" terms for God in my own writing. I guess once you start seeing it, you can't help but see it and love it. I honor the traditional use of those terms in my own writing because it helps me express my love of understanding our most basic source.

I understand that we all need a reason to believe, and this preaching of "faith" crap isn't getting us anywhere. I'm trying to give you the proof, the evidence, the reason you can believe now. But I can only write it; I can't make you read it.

HERE IT IS! THE BIG SECRET:

The most BASIC SIMPLE way I can explain the world is that:

ALL we are is energy. There is only energy. And there is only the lack of energy. Energy is good. The lack of energy is bad. That is all.

Energy vs. No Energy.

That's it. That's the big secret. Cat's out of the bag!

I know, most of you here know this. But you don’t know that I know this. And so you don’t understand when I talk about the world and God with many different words. The English language is my playground. I know how to use it to express myself accurately, and I do so in my writing, often honoring traditional older languages for their better conceptual accuracy than any alternative term in current English language.

Look up philosophy and the development of language. Quick Google. This is going to be a very important relationship to understand in the long run.

Look up internal combustion and think about how your car runs.

Look up electricity and how a lightbulb works.

Oooo, look up radio waves, that’s a real fun one.

This is God in the purest, simplest form. In time, I will show you how this basic understanding of the world eventually meets the common ignorant understanding of “God” and “Satan,” poor little mankind’s way of telling the story of the things they knew, but couldn’t prove.

Start from there, and don't look back. Look at your sky. Don't look to me. Think, think, think...

2. You're so special :)

3. #3 imyourcat, Apr 15, 2011
    I am confused.

I don't see any connection to God and isn't cosmos the "evolution" of the world?

4. As are you, love. <3

5. I'll be adding more to this. For now, just digest it. Think about it.

What is energy? What is electricity? Can any of our creations function without some form of energy?

Can any creation, man-made or not, function independently without some source of energy?

For now, I have to give in to sleep. :wave:

6. Read the Tao Te Ching :)

7. Tao Te Ching

8. In this physical realm there is only energy, yes. This is nothing new.
    And we don't care how smart you say you are.

9. If you were that smart, you wouldn't have to quote your IQ. You can tell through the way one speaks and writes if one is highly intelligent, and if someone is lying.

Nothing much to this theory. Understanding what it is. It lacks depth and clarification if you want to argue it as a viable theory.

10. yeah... i've actually received negative rep for claiming that i was "gifted", even though i've got the documentation to prove it. if you were to just take a look around, you'll find that most of the people here have the same ideas you have. this is nothing original. but thanks for sharing, it's nice to get things like that off your chest.

11. And Now A Lesson in Riddles

“The question isn’t whether or not you believe, it’s what you believe in.”

I hope you really took the time to actively think about the first post. Many give information a passing glance, confident in the superiority of their quick judgment.

“Don’t judge a book by its cover.”

So for those of you who didn’t take the time to actively think about the first post or simply didn’t get anywhere, we’re going to warm up our thinking.

There’s a reason for riddles. Riddles are ways of activating your problem solving ability. It also forces you to exercise conceptual thinking since the riddles are often symbols for something else. Problem solving and conceptual thinking is the key to understanding God.

“Nothing in the world is evil, and that is the only thing that is evil.”

Those of you who were fast at your multiplication tables as a kid, had an easier time than others with math and physics (if you studied that far), enjoy logic problems, Sudoku, and puzzles in general will have an easier time thinking in these manners because they have already practiced the skill.

Because isn’t that what this all is? It’s a giant puzzle… and who wouldn’t love to figure it out? But most of us have given up on that.

The term “agnostic” was coined by Thomas Henry Huxley in 1876. The word means, in its most basic sense, “without knowing” or the opposite of knowing. He created this word to explain his feeling that he had studied and studied and studied what man had to offer at that time, and nothing was enough to convince him of a belief of any particular thing. He felt that mankind couldn’t understand the supernatural or the origins of the universe because our minds were too limited.

And they stopped asking the questions. God, I can’t believe how many times I called myself agnostic. And we use the term “agnostic” with such pride in our all-encompassing love and faith. “We are not atheism, we are not religion, we are everything.”

That’s complete and utter bullshit. You are nothing. Believing in nothing isn’t the same as believing in everything.

“A box is a rectangle. A rectangle is not a box.”

I’m sorry if it sounds harsh. Learn to detach. We are thinking clinically here, not emotionally. Un-emo yourself and listen with your mind, not your pride.

When Thomas Henry Huxley’s mind failed to grasp the answers, and he posed this failure as an unavoidable truth, many accepted it. Why? Because it conforms with what they believe. They believe they can’t understand the nature of the universe. They believe this because seemingly no one around them seems to truly understand it either, and they certainly haven’t been able to figure out the puzzle, so it must be that no one knows or ever can know.

“The meek shall inherit the earth.”

This is why you shouldn’t have picked on nerds. Tsk, tsk.

It’s true you cannot know 100%, not while still limited by this realm. We simply can’t avoid it. Because if there was 100% of anything, then we would be without nothing. And there must always be nothing. It’s an unfortunate reality.

But I promise you can believe 99.99% in the nature of the universe.

My last riddle is one of my favorites. It’s roughly 1500 years old, and it’s been passed down by our fathers and our fathers’ fathers and our fathers’ fathers’ fathers. You may have heard of it before. If so, read, my friend, as if for the first time.

Genesis: 1:3
    \t“And God said, ‘Let there be light, and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness.”

Solve the riddles.

12. Those of you who "believe" you already understand where I'm going with this because you read one post...

I have but one question. If you know of it, then why would you spread negativity to block those who do not? If you already know these things, and don't have any niggling feeling telling you to keep an eye on this thread for what more may come, then GO. Why are you here? Why do you stop education? Why do you prevent growth?

Your personal feelings about my statement of fact regarding my IQ is clearly irrelevant, and my first post gives a very short, easy to understand reason for the mention. I'm sorry if you're that limited that you can't understand why a student should always care about the teacher's credentials. No wonder your knowledge is so confused.

Read your own forum stickies about ad hominum logic and try to be more conscious of how ignorance truly spreads. Try not to be the source.

Let this thread be for reading, for learning, and for those with questions to find answers. Don't clog it with your negativity.

13. You fear me. You assume I come here in superiority. You do not think.

In what way have I displayed superiority? In that I am conscious and you are not?

Do not let your pride close your eyes.

I'm here to share with you, and you reject me. If I wanted superiority, and the Truth was my source of that superiority, would I be trying to share it with you?

I'm not asking anyone here to believe in what I believe. I am writing. It is as much for me as it is for those who will read and learn from it.

We create and we share. We do not hoard.

These are my deepest, truest, barest thoughts. I submit them to you and to your judgment. It is your choice what you will do with them.

14. You come to this forum to write, "I know this."

Why do I care that you know this?

Why does anyone care that you know this?

Who has the ego?

Be always aware of the nature of your contributions, your creations.

I speak with confidence because I have confidence.

I speak with authority because I have authority.

I speak with intelligence because I have intelligence.

I speak with self-awareness because I have self-awareness.

I'm sorry if this intimidates you. These are your limits to conquer, not mine.

15. #15 drpanda, Apr 15, 2011
    Please.
    But lets hear what you have to say. :) It is not meant to discourage you from your spreading of knowlegde.

16. Tao Te Ching

Verse 15

17. Tao Te Ching

Verse 17

Verse 49

18. Thank you, Bud. <3 It's beautiful.

You know what I like about it? It honors the prophets and their goodness, which I, of course, never understood before. So it feels good to read it, and think of love and give that honor I could never give before.

I think I have the hardest time with the 15th and 16th lines... I can't wait. He knows how to limit. I need to know how to limit. I see my family so sad, so horribly awfully sad. And it's even more awful that I know they're believers. I can't tell them anything they don't already know. And I'm literally brimming over with my joy at Him finally letting me in on the secret, and they're still rejecting it. But it feels good to write it out here, and think that one day, someone will stumble upon this, and this will be their catalyst. That's all I can hope for.

Thank you, Bud.

19. Her theory lacks depth and clarification :confused: ....kinda sounds like your just being a hater.