The Mysterious Bagseed Adventure

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Jörmungandr, Jun 24, 2012.

1. If I hear one more time how much better I would do with HID lighting I'm gonna scream!
    I know! Seriously, look back through all the threads. I've been told over and over and over till my ears are bleeding. If the money fell out of the sky I would do it in a heartbeat, but the realities of life provide quite a few more priorities for my hard earned. Eventually it will happen but please, please, pretty please move on.

2. I don't know how many times i've heard my dad tell me about Acapulco gold or Panama red, the genetics are in abundance as far as seeds go in my house, thousands of them, to bad they are just keepsakes and very aged..

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm willing to bet they will pop; throw them babies in some dirt!

• Like Like x 1
  4. LOL i get the same thing from my uncle. Always telling me about Acapulco Gold, Michoacan or Panama Red... the same stories over and over again. Funny thing is the first time I ever got him some Modern "Good" he didn't even get a buzz. Now he is use to the modern stuff he says he for sure gets as blazed as he did or more with the new stuff. I just think those old heads bodies have to get use to the new or something. LOL

• Like Like x 1
  5. How olds your uncle?
    Im 40

6. My step dad is 58 and he has a pouch full of what he calls "primo seeds from the seventies". Haven't got him away from the mother long enough to inquire as to their whereabouts, but in time. . . Muahahaha

7. my uncle is 57

8. WOW tripping me out man.. Really cool. Not to find the beens I got

9. I bet somewhere on that link is your strain; this is a drive down one of three forks in the cannaroad. There are ways on that site to get to the other two, maybe not with the vector graph but for info at least.

10. found them ^_^

11. Been a while since I went on at length about my spiritual connection to my babies; time to change the channel folks.
    I seriously feel that weed has done more to allow me to accept the harsh realities of life without closing my heart to an uncaring and often cruel world. By the mystical power invested in this humble plant I can go from crying over slights perceived to laughter at my overly thin skin. A more stable and rational individual may not require such a buffer but I thank whatever forces of the universe for providing me with this one.
    My nature and personality is viewed as aloof or quirky by most and it takes me a while to develop an affinity for new things; paradoxically I can be smitten by ideas not even fully formed and flights of fancy become more relevant than what is actually before me.
    Fortunately born before the rage of ADHD/ADD diagnoses I am sure my parents would have had me medicated throughout my childhood. I have two grown children who show more maturity than I'll ever hope for.
    Now as an empty nester I have the time, space, and attention to devote to growing but live in a state that I hold little hope for ever allowing it. I'll never understand the government's position in outlawing a freakin' weed and have a very difficult time combating my feelings of frustration over this insanity. Again my peace of mind is only as far as my closet, so to hell with doctors and politicians and all the other clouds trying to hide my own personal rainbow.
    I am thankful for sites like this that offer insights to others journeys along the same road I travel but tempered by their perceptions and experiences; makes my chosen isolation not nearly as lonely.

12. What to do, what to do? I never plan very well and typically stumble my way through but this time I might try to party cup the whole crop. I'm going to have to figure out a way to water them en mass rather than individually. I figure about a week in the trays before I commit to any plan of action. My nature is to dream and procrastinate but I hope to overcome this tendency and be a better companion to my new babies. I have ideas on making mini sips with solos and portion cups but may never put it to action. That along with my scheme for making something akin to dog cones with high intensity LED strip lighting will remain on the drawing board for a bit longer. Promised mrsjerky that I wouldn't spend any more money on the garden this year and the lighting would probably run around $100.
    I have taken down all but one of my original solo cup girls and moved all the sprouts onto the ground floor. Set up the two doorway mirrors to act as a reflector for the 4 foot fixture. Not sure exactly how many sprouts I've got right now out of the 216 seeds, but it's a buttload.
    I forgot to mention that one tray was nothing but seeds from my last grow but like an idiot I forgot to label which one.

Attached Files:

13. This part is absolutely mind numbing; last night I transplanted 97 seedlings into solo cups with nearly that many left to go. My temporary home for them is in aluminum lasagna pans with 8 cups each so each upper shelf holds 4 of these or 32 cups and the other third down below in the crystal coffin; my pet name for the 4 foot fixture with doorway mirrors serving as a make shift hanging reflector.
    I got tired of the monotony and gave up for the night, but there are almost that many left to go. In order to fit them in I'm going to have to chop down all but three of my remaining planters. They are certainly mature enough although I wish I could take them another few weeks.

14. So sad; but got to be done. I think I need a bigger box; still have over twice this much that needs to come down.

Attached Files:

15. All but two late bloomers came down and I've got a staggering 162 brand new solo cup avengers to take their spot.I'm really not sure how things will play out with this large a herd. My target for this new crop is a week or two before X-mas.

Attached Files:

16. That's going to be a jolly Christmas! I took some inspiration from you and took a leap. . .I started a hydro grow. Separated my whole walk in closet to a clone dome, and a hydro veg table. I'm working on a small hydro table to fit into my flower box. The box is all homemade. . .everything. like you I'm feeling highly optimistic, however a little unsure as to the realm I've started to tip-toe within. My goal is just to speed up my process. . .and. . while perfecting soil, I would like to learn hydro. But you sir, have a monster of a grow about to go grow-nasty :) that's pretty bad ass. I think you said you use 23 cfl's??? I think total I'm using 24. . .in the flower box I've got 8 totaling about 240 watts. . .twelve on my hydro veg table @ 280 watts and 4 on my clone dome @ 92 watts. I mix and match some higher watt bulbs. But I am only growing 3 in flower, 4 in veg, and 6 in the clone dome. I'm gonna catch up to a higher number with you though. . .not quite that many but you definitely inspired me to step it up. High five! Happy growing!

17. Having never been accused of common sense, I approach this new effort with all the enthusiasm and hope that I imagine others feel starting that one precious seed that they carefully selected from the ever growing list of strains available. What a wonderful opportunity this would present to do a side by side of all those; massive undertaking that, 6 1/2 years at three month cycles of 161 different varieties to work through the entire 4149 listed on Strain Finder. I'm no longer denying that they exist or that they may actually possess any qualitative differences, just that I see no way of proving that you're getting what they advertise.
    What's the most puzzling to me about the whole "strain" thing is the willingness to believe that what one purchases online from a faceless website is actually of any greater potential than that of the lowly seed from a bag of schwag. It kinda proves P T Barnum was right.

18. I agree with you sir. One could risk many things ordering something that could put you on a "radar". I'm all bagseed, all the way. . .love the variety, and odds are, unless the grower was very strain oriented, they are hybrid seeds. That tickles some doctor Seuss fantasy that can only rouse excitement. Thinking that what you're growing could possibly not exist anywhere else is exciting as hell to me. Wahoo! Lol happy growing dude!