The Mysterious Bagseed Adventure

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Jörmungandr, Jun 24, 2012.

1. well now you got me thinking i need to try this once i get my full setup. I have a few bag seeds from some Bubba Kush and a few other name brand stuff. I think they were hermies in the bag. Thanks for sharing i will follow for sure.

2. One of my fleeting seizures this evening; I've grown so accustomed to them that it's become an oddly pleasant feeling. Apparently had a mild Gran Mal earlier in the week during my sleep; wife's not even fazed anymore. My application of marijuana on a daily basis since my first one in 1998 has, I believe, minimized this epileptiform activity. Unfortunately, here in the land of hillbillies I don't honestly see a chance of the MMJ bill being passed. Even if it should, I don't think I would subject myself to the scrutiny of the Government and attempt to enroll as a patient; negative experiences with the medical community overall leads me to place little trust in them to oversee or co-ordinate things. So this is part of what motivates me to grow my own; uninterrupted supply of higher quality product. Honestly what I got from last harvest is as good as anything I've ever paid for and better than most. Most definitely better than the bagseed of my memory. Anyway long way of getting to the pictures, sorry.

Attached Files:

3. Looking good :)

4. Thanky

Attached Files:

5. Despite my undisciplined approach these babies are doing just fine. What's really the oddest is that the girls in the jiffy tray have the most compact silhouette and vigorous branching. I have 16 there, 13 in solo cups, and 21 in the large planters and now face the mental hurdle of expectations. By that I mean I have only one success story under my belt and using that as my guideline and shooting for the end of august at earliest, I'm hoping for 3 to 5 g dried from each main cola (there are over 80) and couldn't even hazard a guess on overall weight. A quick flutter over the calculator on the mains is a surprising 8.5 zip at the low estimate (over twice last harvest). That shocks me, as I still feel like I'm stumbling my way through and will be satisfied if I get half that. I haven't got a great feel for timing on watering properly for the three different mediums and there are obvious signs of my clumsy handling. I'm hopeful they will shrug it off like the first girls and thrive in spite of me. All that being said, I have no clue what type smoke I'll get as it is again only the lowly bagseed. But judging from my first run, I'm in for a very very Merry Christmas if this follows suit. The timeframe allowed by 12/12 should easily give me room for another run before the fat man in the red shows up. As always I run on at the mouth when folks are just tuning in to see the update.

Attached Files:

6. #66 Jörmungandr, Aug 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2012
    I know growing weed is strictly pass-fail; but there are peaks and valleys in the journey and right now I guess I'm in the valley going up the northern slope. Hesitantly trimmed the short stuff and am hoping to see things plump up in the bud zone; losing the contrasting lower green highlights the few yellowed and crispy leaves from my sporadic watering and nute non-schedule. I know that soon they'll rebound and I'll see an explosion of growth before my next blunder has me clutching the rail and screaming like a little girl because I found a seed or something.

Attached Files:

7. BAGSEED!!! Free is king.

Good job man. Keep it up!

8. I subbed in cuz I like reading your posts. Thanks for the enjoyment!

9. #69 Jörmungandr, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2013
    There's a train of thought that there is nothing new under the sun; perhaps that's where Deja Vu comes from / we're given a glimpse of that Alternate Universe and then thrust back into our own mundane existence. To be honest under the influence of, well never mind; better left to an internal monologue. I did make a sweet little video of today's look at the girls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FR3DUhthHNI&feature=plcp

10. I've set myself a framework for my future efforts; 12/12 from seed and hopefully nature will take it's course over a 4 month stretch, giving me 3 full grows inside a year.
    The indication from this first try is that they sex up by 7 weeks and although some might argue that this doesn't allow them to get big enough to produce much, I'm going for volume, volume, volume baby! I'm really puzzled by how much healthier overall my girls left in the jiffy tray seem as opposed to those in the solo cups and the ones transplanted to traditional larger pots. By the end of this run in 4 to 6 weeks hopefully I'll have a gauge for which medium is better suited to my particular handling.
    I've got a few friendly bets going on here over biggest bud within that time frame as well as my internal competition over best overall yield. Also the jiffy tray girls had the better ratio of females to males and although slightly smaller than the rest they are catching up and filling out better.
    When I did group photos of the solo cup girls last night I was pleasantly surprised by how big the main buds are; about three to five inches long at this point.
    Right now my puzzle is how to get a new batch started before these finish so that I don't feel like I'm losing momentum. I have enough lighting to start a separate sprout area but am sure that the Mrs would object to my expanding the operation.

11. I have two tiers to my flower area. I put a table in the closet space I have closed off, and thus, put the younger generations of veged plants beneath the older. I then hung lights from the bottom of the table, lighting the youngsters. My plants have the same plan as yours ( not height, but volume). I've got them all lst'd and it allows for ample space beneath the table. I veg in a giant box in a completely different room to avoid light pollution. I don't know if this arrangement could help you with your issue or not, but my friend suggested that I build a veg box out of the table and flower above, yet that would create a conundrum with the light pollution. I started vegging in a giant a/c box. It proved highly worthy. However, the box that I switched to packaged a push mower, and fits perfectly in the bottom of all my closets. Perhaps your wife would allow a discrete box in the most unused portion of the home or garage. . .maybe attic? Lol I'm just stoned and wanted to blab. I, in no way, consider myself to be an expert, and could truly learn something from everyone I sub to. Good luck sir, and happy growing!

12. Started my day with what I consider a scam attempt; an unsolicited PM from someone with 0 posts claiming to to "own the rights" to the title of a thread I started and offering to sell them to me. After the laughter and anger I decided to contact a trusted Mod and then reported the PM as well. A minute to Google this and I uncovered this:
    Copyright to "Buds Eye View", looking for some to run project

We are a small product development firm, we have been contracted to develop and market the copyrighted words "Buds Eye View". We simply do not have the manpower or time to operate a full scale project like this, so we have decided to look for motivated entrepreneurs to take the torch on this project. This would involve a guerrilla war campaign against Budweiser to try to get them to either license the term or buy it completely. We would be very generous when it comes to percentages of the LLC or Inc that would run the campaign. Please call our offices if Interested (321) 213-7496

The link is no longer valid, so possibly my bitching about it all morning on other threads did some good. Sure did put a negative spin on my day though. Here's the bright light at the end of today's tunnel.

Attached Files:

13. I'm currently searching for a better understanding and acceptance for my various character flaws. Maybe acceptance is a poor substitute for correcting, but I'd like to think it is a step along that path.
    Pride, sloth, and envy live alongside empathy, industry, and encouragement; I tend to be an isolationist and find at times I don't like even my own company.
    Having my children on their own has left me with a floundering focus as I never settled on a career path; I'm finding it a daunting task to finally grow up at 54 years old.
    Time has never been well managed and I find hours that turn into days that are suddenly years. Cursed with a wandering mind I find myself on the drive to work struggling to maintain focus on the road as images of events past and future race along before my mind's eye. That's sadly how my entire life has passed; half my concentration on the task at hand while my flights of fancy command an unreasonable amount of the other half.
    I feel lucky to have a wife who while not understanding any more than I, still accepts my fractured psyche and allows me to slowly find my way.
    At times my impetuous nature and ungoverned sense of social decorum leads to comments that would be better left unspoken and for those who are offended I truly feel a sense of regret; I forget that my words, while weighing less than nothing, still can hurt as much as a well cast stone.
    I realize unburdening here is not the proper place in the minds of many, but as with much of my writing, it's as much for me as anyone else.

14. You do what you have to do mate! No judgement here. . .best of luck to you sir.

15. I feel the same way as you sir. Though I've only spent half the time on this planet as you (26yrs), I see my self in the future at your given time and know I'll be the same way.

16. Slipped disc, ooooooeeeee Mama! Gonna have about three or four days of laying on the floor crying! Allergies to everything but synthetic morphene leave me toughing it out when this occurs; bitch is my gravity bong takes a little movement on my part so I'm back to twisting joints for a few days.

Attached Files:

17. Ewwww lawdy child! Looking good!

18. I can't even focus properly on today, how am I supposed to plan any long range strategy? I've accepted that due to my mishandling and poor choice of growing conditions I'll achieve less than the optimal results; it's just my impatient nature that makes the journey more fraught with anxiety. I stand to pull in at least what I got on grow number 1 and at least 5 to 6 weeks earlier; as long as I stay away from them they will rebound and start packing on the sugar. If I can manage to find room I know I need to get the next round started so I don't have an emotional let down between.

Attached Files:

19. I could swear before I went to bed I commented as the third post on a new thread (now deleted) something to the effect of are you holding a place in line at the coolest spot in town; the first two posts simply said reserved. Thought nothing of it till today when I can't find it as one of my previous posts. Leading me to begin my typical rant; I edit the Hell out of my posts as long as the time limit allows and I do my share of deleting posts after a little reflection leads me to regret the impression it must leave. I've been scolded at times for my off topic tirades and blatantly ignored for others. I have however been given lots of encouragement for speaking my mind and making observations or suggestions. There are those who share my sarcastic sense of humor and those who feel it's improper just as there are others who I've come across that I don't gel with. I have taken it upon myself to school everyone about the virtues of bagseed and as a lobbying tactic discounted the opinions of others regarding named strains. Further reflection on my statements leads me to offer an apology for the heavy handed approach I've been taking; I guess it boils down to my learning how to respect others and treating them how I would wish to be treated. To that end I would like to apologize for derailing a thread that was still in it's conceptual phase without calling out the party who I feel I must have offended.

20. Hey man;;you sound so much like my girlfriend. Not joking,,she has the worst self worth and is always seeking acceptance from outside but never within. She wallows around in thought of everything she has done wrong and awkward social situations. And then she wont do the things that would build confidence because she is constantly worrying about failure and therefore never trys.
    Do you lie awake at night with your mind racing?
    Sorry if this post is to weird, i can delete it if need be. When i get really high sometimes i make crazy connections and for some reason i saw her in your post.

Sounds like your experiment is coming along well! I got the chop on SLH and shes a helluva smoke. Hope your doing well!