The Mysterious Bagseed Adventure

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Jörmungandr, Jun 24, 2012.

1. sorry, i meant no offence mate. just my manner.

If you end up getting decent weed from those seeds then my opinion means less than nothing anyway buddy :)

2. #42 Jörmungandr, Jul 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 9, 2013
    Just a little playful jostle there bud. No offense taken, I'm lost in my own opinions as it is and only respond it seems to sway others to drink my kool aid (I'm giving away free sneakers and a really nice purple blanket).
    Can't escape synchronicity everywhere I turn; was editing a video this morning and the start point for this segment was 6:66. This upsets me more than any 12 comments or 3 kicks in the groin. Even though I'm not a believer this number rattles me for some reason; gotta love how Stingray hits his cue though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDH_Ic4jIVA

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wheeee! It's a girl! Awwwwww! She's got balls!

Attached Files:

4. Whether genetically or environmentally motivated, hermies are my topic of the day. As I possess no educational background to bolster my conjecture, feel free to slap me in the face with reality. I'm given the impression that 'dism is an inborn trait and likely a dominant one in bagseed; I wonder about the logic that allows this supposition. I've been a smoker for 40 years and rarely have had the good fortune to have a consistent supply of high end product; my weed is usually well past it's potential and bursting with seeds. To my mind, the reason for this is that commercially grown and sold weed simply weighs more seeded. To rationalize that the seeding is based on a genetically inferior bloodline with hermaphrodism as the culprit is a bit of a stretch. Simple greed is more likely to be true. Not having the opportunity to test my wealth of bagseed against named strains, my argument is pure theory. I wind up with about a 30% fully flowering female population from the seeds I plant. Very few actual hermies; the herd is thinned in stages as males present themselves and the weaker plants fall out of the pattern of growth evidenced by the majority. Stresses of light, water, and nutrients are likely as much a contributor to the drag queens as an impure pedigree. It would be informative to hear from those who deal only in named strains to hear what ratios they've encountered; to compare notes as it were.

5. #45 Jörmungandr, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2012
    Just about everybody has committed, some are already on the second week. Nothing but sunshine and smiles today.

Attached Files:

6. #46 Jörmungandr, Jul 13, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2012
    Lost in the sea of my self-absorption, I let this one sneak up on me. I wonder who else here is old enough to remember life before cable; Halloween and Friday the 13th were the magical nights when the TV stayed on past 12 and we were treated to marathons of Dracula and Frankenstein. Quite different from today when everything is available 24/7; kinda miss the lost innocence of that era, but there were demons as well. Ladies clutching their purses and locking their car doors as they drove through the "bad" part of town. Good old boys snickering about "that fagot with the long hair". Plutonium haphazardly stored in cardboard boxes and trucks driving through the neighborhood slowly every night spraying DDT while we rode carelessly behind on our bikes breathing in future cancers and death. Those were indeed the good old days!
    On my ride to work to day this presented itself; three vultures standing at the front door of a house looking like they're waiting for the buffet to open. I turned around to get a good pic and there was a guy standing across the street having called 911 cause he thought it was so odd; my guess is somebody ain't answering the doorbell.

Attached Files:

7. #47 Jörmungandr, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
    My first named strain; in honor of my unwitting mentor. I constantly pipe in eclectic melodies like this to broaden her horizons

Attached Files:

8. #48 Jörmungandr, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2012
    I went a little overboard on a few of the supercrops I attempted last night, resulting in stems that were halfway severed. Fingers crossed, but this happened to a couple last week and they rebounded within two days. I've said it before on another's thread "weed can take a lickin' like the scrappiest hood rat hootchie!" I'm still waiting on the last few to sprout vegetalia before I do a head count. Started the weaker nutes (Schultze) several days ago and they seem to enjoy it. A little timid about nutes in general but I'll get in line with the program eventually. Update with a class photo when lights pop after 7.

Attached Files:

9. How are you liking the 12/12 from seed? I may try it at some point but was wondering what the direct benefits are? Plants are looking mighty fine if I say myself. I love the early growth of the buds always and excitiing time for me.

10. It satisfies the time constraints I set for myself (I was unhappy with the 5 months spent from seed to game over last go round) and also solves the not enough light to penetrate problem because they are short squatty little fuckers with minimal stretching. A self assured know it all without the common sense to follow better advice, I've proven that a monkey with a sprinkler can grow decent weed. I'm just hoping I can evolve faster and make the most use of my opposable thumbs.
    I'm going to be conducting a clandestine experiment and will give out no intelligible clues; It's only for the very perceptive to find the Easter Eggs

11. Best word to describe the explosion of green that hits me every time the lights go on!
    With this progress under these conditions (Bagseed, soil, CFL) I really can't understand the prevailing disdain growers here show. I hear over and over in every thread that mentions any of these variables that you could do better; very rarely do people stop to appreciate the wonder at hand. I'm beginning to sound like a used car salesman; "what's it gonna take for me to have you ride home in this beautiful like-new fully factory-reconditioned Bagmobile?"

Attached Files:

12. #52 Jörmungandr, Jul 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2013
    Every day it's blah blah this and blah blah that, I found another derpa derpa and this one's looking wah wah wah! I chose a video today instead of the normal vitriol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-1CK-cwfcI&feature=plcp

13. #53 Jörmungandr, Jul 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2012
    I've forced myself to stay at arms length from them; just rotate and irrigate with the occasional pinch to post super crop to see if it does any good. Things are humming along nicely.
    Will try adding pics after GC stops being wonky. (impatient me, made a video out of the pics instead of waiting)
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHqLQ03F03U[/ame]

14. I plan on working them until the end of August; depending on their mood. Anyone else have plants turn out as tiny as the one in the first pic; third one in two grows to come out this way.

Attached Files:

15. #55 Jörmungandr, Jul 23, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2012
    Given my natural bent to mentally wander and ponder the livelong day, the ubiquitous entity herein referred to as W3 is a demon in disguise. Through no logical connection of thought, within a few clicks I've lost my original mission and spend hours upon hours reading and yet not comprehending such a scattered range of topics that my brain might melt.
    Today's distraction became Yggdrasil; now I've learned how to pronounce more words with less vowels than I thought possible outside of a Bushman's whistles and clicks. I am now stuck wondering how to bring my misconceptions into cohesion with my insular reflective nebulae; somehow in order to process, I have to own and incorporate. Now I will invest another chunk of my dwindling focus to crystallize my feelings on an entirely theoretically nonsensical notion. By odd happenstance I have a smattering of Norse blood in my lineage, perhaps this is what piqued my interest. My mother's father immigrated from Sweden as a child and even though he was only a name without a face I somehow draw a sense of identity from this. Her mother likewise immigrated from Scotland and fortunately I haven't been compelled as of yet to explore the tangential relationship their mythology might have to today's spotlight. Anyway to bring myself back to the big tree, it would seem presumptuous at this point to christen any of my humble Ents as anything so grand as this but I do begin to perceive them in a new light.
    The original intent was to figure out how to merge the name Redenbacher with Bifrost; for me to symbolize my bridge between earth and heaven with my popcorn buds. This as well was one of the sidetrips; time I will never recapture.
    :rolleyes:
    Myspace Muziekspeler

16. Bagseed is the winner! Out of 108 seeds started on 6/2 the headcount now stands at 52 actively budding females and 5 holdouts. It's starting to look like a real jungle in here now.

Attached Files:

17. I know, I know, honestly I understand; everything about my setup could be improved upon. Plants would be healthier, grow faster, yield more, and most likely be more potent. That being stated, I do still feel a light sense of pride and accomplishment for what I've achieved thus far and the knowledge that I've acquired by becoming a part of this community. I can tell that some here are the same as myself, a little overoptimistic in their expectations and a bit lethargic in efforts to improve. Comparing notes from grows with a wide range of methods from soil to coco to hydro and lighting from CFL to LED to HID and I honestly feel like I'm ahead of the curve from what one might expect from my slapdash approach. I mean no disrespect to the more serious growers here, but it's my opinion that they tend to overthink things a bit. In it's natural environment weed will flourish; that's it's nature. I feel that despite my lack of a more scientific and regimented strategy, these babies will turn out alright.

18. subbing in for even more interesting reads :)

19. One that looks nice and not too expensive.

Attached Files:

20. Sometimes it seems like I'm the only reading my threads; fortunately, I kinda like my own company. This should have been posted here but I was reaching for a new audience (of 1 it turns out).

From her perspective

I am the marijuana, you grow me from a seed
    When I'm alone out on my own I'm just a simple weed
    But in your hand and in your mind
    I morph into another kind
    You dress me up and put on shows
    A dancing monkey wearing clothes
    I am a simple weed no more
    Instead a trichrome covered whore
    Out of your profit driven brains
    You give me crazy stripper names
    Like Kaya Kush and Purple Dank