The Muslim Lounge

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Firestorm60, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Lounge for Muslims.

Will anyone ever post in here? :smoking:

2. I don't think that there are very many Muslims on this site.

3. I think we get a few drive-by hit and run muslim posters from time to time.

On a different forum we had a muslim who said things like,
    "evolution big lie. no god but allah. muhammad his prophet. read koran. open eyes."

4. isnt smoking tobacco and marijuana haram in islam unless medical?

5. It would be nice for our Muslim brothers to enter this lounge, feel comfortable here, and discuss openly, honestly, without prejudice, what it is they believe, in way that is designed to engage not make us feel talked at.

I know the Islamic faith is misunderstood by many, but there are many good people in it. Remember, Islam means surrender. That is not a bad place to begin once's search from, walk one's path under. Surrender creates humility. Humility doesn't see itself as better than anyone else.

The 'hit and run' threads that appear from time to time are put here by those who feel we ought to know something. If that's the case, wouldn't it make more sense to come to us in a way we recognise, rather than make us come to you in a way we do not?

All anyone needs to do is communicate their belief in a way that doesn't presume anything about that communication before hand. Nobody needs to defend themselves from, or resist, someone else's beliefs. But we also don't need a wall of text and a load of arabic videos for you to make your point.

Just a thought.:wave:

• Like Like x 1
  6. I have no idea. Is it?

I would imagine if a Muslim smokes, they just ignore that part of the Koran.

7. As I understand it, the Koran is important to all muslims, but to be a Muslim one only has to surrender to Allah. Literally say it out loud and mean it is enough. Therefore, it may be that those who use cannabis may be able to do so without it directly affecting their ability to feel like a Muslim, even if the Koran has something to say against intoxicants.

8. Although I do not know precisely what the Qu'ran says about intoxicated I am able to answer many questions regarding Islam. Remember, Allah is simply the Arabic word for God and true Muslims acknowledge that this is the same God of the Hebrews and Christians as well as the prophetic importance of men such as Moses and Jesus Christ.

9. i got a muslim friend and he tokes but he doesnt drink

10. Hello everyone

Asalamu alai kum to any Muslims reading this.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4RAT7HZ92Q"]Debate or Conversation? | Nouman Ali Khan - YouTube[/ame]

Bros and sisters, open dialogue and effective communication is lacking in our generation in general. Yet we are having a huge load of data and information stream past us throughout our day.
    we entertain stimulation in more ways, simply.
    is this affectively numbing interest in engaging in genuine thought- provoking conversation?

I catch myself in sessions deploring conversations and analysing how it could have gone amicably.
    Yet often nearly missing bullets made of past mis-judgments. Like some poor fool who has to be taught a gazillion times to lift up with their hips and knees not with their back. Eventually I pick up on it and on it goes.

This I relate to my past mistake of one sided communication on past threads. My sincere appology by any off- putting it may cause. I respect, thus I will communicate this respect in how sincere my answers are.

BASiCally sometimes we need a pat on the back from the universe to keep moving. Not literal pats because sometimes they can be annoying.

This is something that we all will relate to in differing degrees.
    that we all can improve. and if our surroundings are suffocating we find others with similar ideals and change that environment to welcome

regret not being able to respond in a timely manner or sometimes not responding out of intellectual laziness. will edit later if need be

__________________________________________________________________________________

11. I like what he says near the end, there shouldnt be debates over religion and belief in God, its divisive. It should be more of a conversation...not a competition.

Might even be a good idea to change the description of this forum, which currently says: "Discuss, compare and debate all Religions and Beliefs."

12. Asaalamualikum

I'm a Muslim and I don't think weed is haram god made it, it's a normal plant just like other plants other than that it has many health benefits

_________
    Smoke dope all day all night

13. Does that apply to alcohol too? Even though we generally make it ourselves, it can happen naturally. All there needs to be is a bit of yeasty stuff and some sugary stuff present in the same fruit/liquid and alcohol is naturally produced. Perhaps that's how it was discovered in the first place?

You say cannabis is a normal plant, and yet I think you'd find it hard (if not impossible) to find a natural version of the plant anymore. Perhaps in the remote hills of Afghanistan, Pakistan, perhaps. But everything else, seeds, home-grows, etc, all 'man made'.

Does this make any difference to 'god made it' I wonder?

14. First of all you can't compare alcohol to weed because being high is way different than being drunk weed is just a relaxer for the body and doesn't do any harm or damage and won't kill you, on the other hand alcohol kills thousands of people a year, other than smoking Marijuanna it has other benefits such has, treating the ill, the hemp seed is one of the best seeds in the world you could do medicine with it and other stuff, if your a Muslim you might say anything that intoxicates you is haram well caffeine does, does that mean coffee is haram? I really don't think so

_________

15. You missed my point. I wasn't attempting to compare alcohol with Cannabis from an intoxicant perspective, I was wanting to explore how you see what is and what is not acceptable as a muslim.

Your main point was that cannabis is natural, and I pointed out that in many ways it is not. Just because you find it beneficial to use, and I'm not arguing with you about that, doesn't mean you've explained how you're able to reconcile it under the Muslim faith.

The fact that you don't see coffee as haram only confirms that things are being interpreted by you as an individual. I'm all for someone seeing things individually, but this is one of the things people who aren't religious don't get. Are there Muslims who see everything, including coffee as haram, or is it always left to the individual to decide?

16. I'm guessing it's just the same as the way some Christians think smoking weed is a sin, and some don't.
    Many see it as just changing rules for convenience, but I'm not opening that can of worms.:smoke:

17. Well I'm talking about my self and what I see, I can't represent the whole Muslim nation... Everyone has different views and opinions

_________

18. Sure, I understand that. The way you see it doesn't interfere with you being a Muslim (no reason why it should). But, would there be other Muslims who'd try and tell you that you were wrong?

19. I'd just say I have an opinion and you have an opinion, because neither of us are sure weather we're correct

_________

20. Is there not one way to be a Muslim then? Is it all left to each person's opinion or how they interpret the Qu'ran?