Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The Munchies

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by vanBong, Jan 6, 2004.

1. mmm... ive been wondering for a while about these munchies...

why do we get them? is the metabolism of the person or the digestion process heavily speeded up as a result of the weed OR is it just a trick of the weed on ur brain making it think the stomach is empty?

its been driving my smoke wild! jus cannot concentrate on nuthin else.. if only i knew! :(

2. THC attaches to cannabinoid receptors in the brain. One of
    the functions of these receptors is stimulation of the appetite.

3. From what I understand, pot gets in the way of the "I'm full" response from your stomach. That makes your brain think that you're hungry, even when you're not. Plus, eating tastes, smells, and feels better when you're stoned. And I also think that pot can increase your metabolism, which also adds to the effect.

4. i always just thought it increased your metabolism, so you burn energy faster.

that would explain munchies, AND the burn out you get after smoking.

and in my first 2 years of smoking, i grew 7 inches and lost 20 lbs... dont know if the weed had anything to do with it, was probably mostly puberty, but hey, im not complaining.