Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The munchies just fade away.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Brantano, Oct 24, 2007.

1. I've been smoking off an on for a few years now and more lately than ever. I've noticed that my once bottomless stomach just doesn't like food anymore. I use to have a high activity job and ate mounds and mounds of food each day (Talking about 4 meals as well as snacks). But now, even though I still get the munchies, I eat a whole lot less. It's almost like food doesn't taste as good as it does anymore. Maybe I'm just sick of it or something. Anyone else get this after smoking for a while?

2. When I first started smoking, I got really bad munchies. At one point I looked at my friend and said "Can we just open up the pantry and eat everything?" These days a box of granola bars by my side is all I need.

3. Sometimes if I'm hungry before my session I come out of it not hungry. I still get the munchies like crazy every now and then.

4. i still get the munchies but i dont eat as much, but i learned that i only eat when im high because i dont like the tast of food as much when im not, i find it disapointing. like when i take breaks from smoking i find myself forcing myself to eat because i normally just eat when im high

5. stress!

I havnt been eatin right i can notice it.

6. My problem is that I dont get hungry as often when I smoke. Most of the time I have to force myself to eat. I've always been really skinny and tall... but I've been losing weight.

I still get munchies now and then though. I do love the munchies.

7. I don't get "the munchies" much anymore.

EDIT: Snaffle, your sig is genius!

8. Only my munchy intensity has faded away. I still get the munchies but not as hardcore as before. I just vaped for the first time though and I got the killer muncherooos.

9. Granola bars are my munchie of choice most of the time.

I don't get the munchies that bad anymore. I try to eat a bit before I smoke so I don't munch a bunch.

10. I've been smoking for years and I still get them pretty bad sometimes. I find that not eating immediately after smoking helps. If I eat immediately after smoking it tends to snowball.

I also find I'm just as hungry 2/3 hours after the smoke during the comedown as I was when I was high as hell.

11. i've been smoking for years now and once in a while i still get really bad munchies, but not very often. you know you are truly a stoner when you get high and then just eat like normal. a girl friend of mine asked me the other day how i could smoke so much weed and still be skinny. i told her "i'm a stoner! you don't get fat when you smoke weed every day"

12. I just forget everything, including that I was/am hungry.

13. Munchies gimme the runs the next morning.. if i eat to much.

14. I miss the munchies... :(

MAN I need a t-break. :(

15. Stay away from the fast food lol.

16. Well, I know for me, when you're super hungry, like experiencing bad hunger pains, you can smoke, and it somehow makes your stomach feel much better. You dont even realize that you are hungry any more... That might play a part in it. I feel as though, overall, weed has supressed my appetite rather than enlarging it, even though i still get the munchies.

17. I really lol'd.

18. immediately smoking makes me no longer hungry, but the munchies always sneak up on me an hour or two later..

19. if i am hungry and sober and too lazy to make food i just reach for my bong spark that shit, and i forget about the hunger.

but if im high and by food, its being eaten.