The MPP is going after John Walters!!!

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by RMJL, Dec 20, 2002.

1. Hey blades! I got this email tonight. They're going after John Walters!

Dear Friend:

Tomorrow, December 20, I am scheduled to appear on "The O'Reilly
    Factor" on the national FOX News Channel at approximately 8:20 p.m.
    Eastern time. (The program starts at 8:00 p.m. and is repeated at
    11:00 p.m. Eastern; please check your local cable listings for channel
    and non-Eastern airtimes.)

I will be discussing the Marijuana Policy Project's "war on drug
    czar," which we launched on December 4 at a news conference at the
    National Press Club in Washington, D.C. For details, please see
    http://www.mpp.org/WarOnDrugCzar.html .

In addition, tomorrow night I will announce new criminal charges that
    MPP will be seeking against the drug czar, in addition to those we
    already unveiled on December 4 -- one was filed with the federal
    Office of Special Counsel, the other with the Nevada Secretary of
    State's office.

In the former complaint, we detailed how Drug Czar John Walters
    illegally used his title and office to campaign against our marijuana
    ballot initiative in Nevada. This complaint requests that Walters be
    removed from office, as well as disbarred from holding any federal
    office ever again.

In the latter complaint, we noted that the drug czar failed to file
    any campaign finance reports whatsoever detailing the money that he
    spent opposing our ballot measure. As a result, we are asking the
    Nevada Secretary of State to fine him the maximum $5,000.

Tomorrow night I will announce our third complaint.

In January, we will be announcing the fourth prong of our attack
    against the drug czar. And a fifth attack -- and possibly a sixth --
    will be announced after January.

Drug Czar John Walters has been irresponsibly and illegally using his
    office to campaign against marijuana and other drug policy reform
    ballot initiatives, and we plan to take him down for it so that he --
    or his successor if we succeed in removing him from office -- will be
    prevented from campaigning against any marijuana policy measures we
    launch in 2004.

Sincerely,

Rob Kampia
    Executive Director
    Marijuana Policy Project
    Washington, D.C.

2. Found this at www.politicalthoughts.com/walters.html. It seems Czar Walters has good reason to oppose MJ.

Excerpt from The Connection. Interview with John Walters, Director of the White House Office of Drug Control Policy and Sue Rusche, executive director of Families in Action.

G. Galilei: Mr. Walters, you parrot the position espoused by your predecessor, the benighted Barry McCaffrey, that marijuana is a dangerous substance whose use by Americans erodes our moral principals and should be treated as a capital offense. As a former college professor, I would think that you would want scientific proof that pot is dangerous. Do you have such proof?

J. Walters: Only by personal experience. One night early in my junior year of college, I smoked my first and only marijuana joint. That night, I became a sexual monster. I raped my wife who was then my girl friend. She became pregnant because of the rape. The fetus was determined to be deformed because of the marijuana. She had to have an abortion. It is not talked about much but the current president, George W. Bush was addicted to cocaine during his college years. Thank god he became an alcoholic instead and gave up the cocaine. His twin daughters have been involved in sexual orgies while high on pot. Fortunately, the Secret Service has been able to keep a lid on it. Of course Governor Jeb Bush's daughter has been in the news for crack cocaine. She has acquired herpes because she traded sex in her desperate bid to obtain crack.

G. Galilei: You have said that marijuana smokers support terrorism. How so?

J. Walters: Most marijuana is grown in Afghanistan. If you smoke pot, you support terrorism.

G. Galilei: You have stated that pot smokers are a violent lot. It seems like most of the violence is committed by the DEA agents. What is up with that?

J. Walters: Most DEA agents are FBI dropouts. They could not quite make the grade. Knocking doors down in camouflage and brandishing automatic weapons give the agents quite a thrill. It would be nice if some of the pot smokers would shoot back though. Let us make it a real war on drugs.

G. Galilei: There was one raid that has bothered The Connection and that is the raid in Modesto, California where, Alberto Sepulveda , an 11 year boy was killed and almost severed in half by a shotgun blast from police officer David Hawn. It would seem that that act and others like it by antidrug warriors are more troubling and dangerous to a free and democratic society then all the drug use combined. At some point violence begets violence. What happens if the pot smokers start shooting back?

J. Walters: First the kid in Modesto was a spic and probably would have grown up to become a drug dealer. As to pot smokers shooting back. I welcome it. It would give the agents the edge they need to take this war to this next level.

G. Galilei: With us on the line is Sue Rusche, executive director of Families in Action. Sue, you had been an opponent of the use of medical marijuana, until now that is. Why the change of heart?

S. Rusche: Recently I read two books; the Gulag Archipelago by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn and the Caning of Michael Fay. I realized that the Siberian prisons described in the Gulag Archipelago were, except for the weather, a description of our prison system and of the people housed in those prisons. The Caning of Michael Fay was the story of the American boy in Singapore who was flogged for auto vandalism. At the time, we in this country considered the lashes that Fay received as barbaric and backwards, yet we think nothing of handing out twenty year sentences for drug offenses. That is barbaric. I realize now when Reagan spoke of the Evil Empire, it was just as applicable to our country as it was to the U.S.S.R. I realize now that George Orwell's 1984 speaks more to the United States of today than any communist country. Look, every American killed in the drug war is a martyr. Every American imprisoned in the drug war is a prisoner of war. Those who prosecute this war, such as the DEA and those who advocate this war, such as John Walters are mercenaries. I honestly believe that the Asa Hutchinsons and the John Walters and the other cheerleaders of this insanity are guilty of treason. The War on Drugs runs contrary to everything I believe this country stood for.

Comments, questions? E-mail Galileo

HOME

She

3. I tried the link and it didn't work. I personally think the "interview" was fabricated. There is no way that Walters could get away with everything he said. He talked about sexual orgies with Bush's girls and his neice getting herpes which would never fly with the White House and then there was a serious racial slur. Plus, the whole thing about the secret service keeping a lid on it...if he shared stuff that the secret service was covering up then he'd be out of a job really fucking quick. The whole rape/abortion/deformed fetus thing is just insane and something that I doubt he'd talk about anyway if it were true. And I believe that we, as true stoners, know it to be false. Pot doesn't cause you to rape people and fetus deformity after one joint is impossible.

Walters is a jackass and ignorant but I find it hard to believe that this is the real deal.

Someone is trying to make a point but doing so with false statements only sets the cause back. It doesn't help at all.

4. You are correct. The link does not work. I appears that the period(.) at the end of the sentences was included in the link. www.politicalthoughts/walters.html works. My take on the "interview" and others at www.politicalthoughts.com and sites like it, is not spreading falsehoods but rather reversing the tables on the outrageous hyperbole that Walters and others espouse. The cause of MJ reform, I believe is now secondary to the bigger issues of government power and control over the individual. I think in the end, in fighting the War on Drugs, hypberbole and falsehoods will be the least of Walters Hutchinson and other drug warriors problems. I believe at some point drug users will fight back. That seems to be theme at sites such as politicalthoughts

She

5. The cause of marijuana reform is not in Walters hands ,but ours.

In fact ,no matter how many times the issue of marijuana legalization or decriminalization jumps up and bites our law makers and enforcers in the arse ,the issue is on 'no ones' adgenda but ours.

The population must first realize how fake and deceptive our government is.

Then they must fix or replace it.

If you removed all the corruption from American Government ,there would be nothing left.

Talk alone accomplishes nothing.