The "MOVING TO CANADA" Thread!

Discussion in 'General' started by Jimmyyahoo, Nov 9, 2016.

1. I really just wanted to be the first one to wish those, that due to results of the election and limited ability to think in the long term, safe travels and the best of luck on their journey South to Canada!

The language is easy to learn and the winters are mild. All the talk of dangerous cartels and brutal kidnappings is just scare tactics by the Conservative media.

Bienvenidos Canada!

• Like Like x 2
  2. You may as well come to New Zealand. Canada is likely to vote right-wing in the next election thanks to Trudeau's incompetence. This Stefan Molyneux dude is Canadian, so if there's a reason to avoid Canada .. there's that .. lol

How to move to NZ

• Like Like x 1
  3. Get me a plane ticket and free healthcare, I can make the move :p. Give me some free housing, too.

4. He makes good videos. Love getting drunk and listening to the 2 hour phone chats that he has with people, it's fun! Like a movie.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I've always wanted to move to Canada and it has nothing to do with the election. I just want to go to Québec and help with the québecois separatist movement and live in a place where I can speak French since I like it better than English. Plus Québec has some of the best modern black metal and that is an important decision in regards to where I want to move.

6. The wording in your post sounds like you intended to say Mexico.
    :smoke:

• Like Like x 6
  7. I like the cold weather. I get too hot at room temp. I just burn up. No, @ICGreen. I wanna go north. :p.

8. Great metal scene down there, I wouldn't mind checking it out. Plus there are some kickass mountains and after growing up in the mountains I don't think I could live without them.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I would in a heartbeat...

Only if there's a lot of good sushi bars there, my main source of income.

10. There's a better metal scene in the US. :p.

11. Not in my opinion haha. I mean I am a part of it since my band is on Prosthetic records but still. Almost all the bands I like are foreign and I only care for a few US bands like Skeletonwitch and the occasional black metal band. My favorite bands tend to come from France, Canada, Norway, Finland, and Poland.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Not you Wubba, the OP.

on their journey South to Canada!

The language is easy to learn and the winters are mild. All the talk of dangerous cartels and brutal kidnappings is just scare tactics by the Conservative media.

Bienvenidos Canada! (Mexican for Welcome).

• Like Like x 3
  13. The US has a great metal scene, don't even doubt it. They are just mostly on the fringes. A lot of us can play music but we also fuck around with drugs and alcohol because we don't make any money.

14. You're the one spreading fear about Russian "mobster" bankers. There real fear is letting demented people from different parts of the world into our country, which Trump has secured now, I hope.

15. Yes indeed.

• Like Like x 2
  16. OK, that was totally unrelated to anything I have said in this thread.

Facts are not fear mongering. Look it up.

• Like Like x 5
  17. Don't get me wrong I've had some great experiences here but I find that a lot of the bands I have played with aren't really innovative and kinda generic even if they are talented. I'm going on a small east coast tour next week actually and playing Columbia SC, Asheville NC, Richmond VA, Trenton NJ, and ending in Manhattan NY so that should be pretty fun. I will also have to give a shoutout to the ATL, Richmond, and Boston scenes for producing some good bands. There is some pretty good stuff coming out of the pacific northwest and the upper midwest as well. I guess playing with a lot of bland metal bands has skewed my perception and left me skeptical of most bands. The US will never have a band like Peste Noire though except for maybe Panopticon.

Edit: Forgot to include Lexington KY, great city with a wild crowd that doesn't sleep!

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Fuck you, Canada...Fuck you with a middle finger.

Fuckin' Trudeau photobombing citizens, all fuckin' ninja and shit.

Great big fuck you, Canada.:coolalt:

• Like Like x 2
  19. Actually good luck. Very hard to "move" to Canada. One of the toughest countries in the world to get into actually. For a fact most of those celebs cannot get in. Any criminal history at all requires an approval by parliament to even visit.. I cannot go there to visit because I have two DUI's!! Better try mexico or cuba!!