The movie Waking Life

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Boodoodoo, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Has anyone seen it? I seen it sober & got really tripped out. A few bowls might have inspired me to major in philosophy.

2. Greetings!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

No I have not seen, Or ever heard of "Waking Life"

BUT

I am currently 24 minutes into it and all I can say at this point is.

Amazing

Ill further comment when the movie is finished.

TVOKAY - Video Streaming

3. great movie.

Ive seen it around 3 times. Each time brings new ideas and thoughts, which is why I like it.

4. i just watched part of it last night when i was high, and you really get more into it. it is truly a great philosophical movie. deff gonna watch it next time im baked and bored.

5. Just heard of it today, but it's definitely on my " films to watch while high list " seems similar to A Scanner Darkly though im sure there is a great difference in storyline.

6. great movie.

''Kierkegaards last words were 'sweep me up'!'' woooooosshhhh

recommended to those who feel theyve lost inspiration

7. I have watched this movie and I would say it is pretty informative as well as inspirational.

8. Thanks to this thread I discovered a movie that shifted my thought process so dramatically, it surprised even myself. Thank you OP for making me aware of this brilliant piece of art, I'm truly grateful!

On a different note, does anyone know of any other movies similar to this? Not necessarily about Lucid Dreaming or Philosophy but that has a similar effect on the mind and spirit. Any help is appreciated, guys and gals.

Again, thank you for making this film a part of my life.

9. LOVE THAT FLICK! ...its a total mind fuck.

The conversation about collective consciousness blows me away. The idea that people will do better on a crossword puzzle they've never seen simply because its been completed by millions of others and somehow influenced them is fantastic, i just want to know if thats true or part of the script.

10. watch it on acid. thats all i have to say.

11. Great movie, akin to Man From Earth

12. Yeah its a great movie. The thing I like about it is there are some scenes or conversations he has that I could watch over and over. Its good high, but if I'm TOO high, all the talking messes with my head :eek:

13. I find the movie "My Dinner With Andre" to be similar to this. They both have a lot of similar philosophical subject matter.

14. This movie was truly mind blowing and since i saw it a couple of days ago it has been in my thoughts constantly, ideas sprouting everywhere. I made a thread with a poem structured afterthought. I'm comparing everything to this movie.

15. ive had it for a couple years ond dvd but neevr watched it, i tried while tripping with a friend, it was WAY to trippy to watch while tripping!

16. I swear you could get through like 2 years of being a philosophy major with that movie.

17. I just might become a philosophy major because of this movie

18. Oh goodness that is a great film! Amazing artwork, good acting, wonderful insight!