The Mother Nature Challenge

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Acid Man, Aug 15, 2014.

1. #1 Acid Man, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014
    So originally a solo cup challenge contender this plant will now be taking a different route,

the reason being a solo cup bound plant wouldn't last week in the blistering cold, torrential rain and fierce winds ... ok  so its not that bad but it rains a LOT* here and its pretty cold**  for a plant that has it roots in the Afghan mountains. So anyway this Sour Diesel Auto will be spending the next 120 days in the good green earth fighting everything mother nature throws at it and hopefully living to .....get smoked..by me.

*At least everyday, sometimes a light trickle , sometimes a down pour.
    **Average 14-16 degrees C over the summer with a few hotter days when the sun came out  
    and she will  most likely be riding into the winter months so its gonna get chilly.

I will be having minimal contact with her as the location is while from my house (I do own the property though) <another reason why the solo cup challenge is really hard for me to do,
    I got a closer locale for her now ;)

nutes will be kept to a minimum but if shes showing deficiencies im not letting her die,
    I have some plans to shield her from the rain and give her a little help later on.

If she hermies I will not be surprised or upset for that matter as it will give me plenty of free seeds for next summer.

This is an experiment to she what sort of conditions a plant can surv(thr)ive in,
    but more importantly it's my alternative participation in the IBCC Solo Cup Challenge   :D.
    By the end of it I'm hoping for a living plant that has completed her flowering cycle and can be chopped to have its (most likely seed ridden) buds dried.
    Yield and potency are irrelevant.

The plants name is Avril.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeLuQ6X2ixI 

Attached Files:

2. Im along for the ride brother....

Itty Bitty Canna Committee- "Our Cup Runneth Over"

3. #3 Acid Man, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
    Ok so the plant is currently in my grow box which I only have intermittent use of, its fine for starting seedlings but impossible to actually conduct a grow from start to finish.
    Im gonna keep her in the box for a week if I can maintain use of it for that long, (If someone comes to stay Ill have to shut it off )
    after that she'll be moved outdoors with a plastic bottle greenhouse over her till it gets too small for her

4. Sounds like a good plan...

Itty Bitty Canna Committee- "Our Cup Runneth Over"

5. #5 Acid Man, Aug 18, 2014
    I present to you The Pointless Update of Day 3

here we have a sprout..... Its a little bigger than last time...........that is all

DSCN4396.JPG

6. lmfao best update I've seen in a long time hehehe...

Itty Bitty Canna Committee - "Our Cup Runneth Over".

7. the excitement never ends :D

8. The afghan mountains have white caps don't hey?

9. Only when it's cold right???

10. Don't call me dude man

11. Don't call me man, dude hehehehe...

12. yeah dude, they sure do. whats your point?

13. #13 Upstatenewb, Aug 18, 2014
    Well you had said something along the lines of "for a plant that has its roots in the afghan mountains". In a context that I took to mean... It couldn't handle the weather that you were describing.....

14. I believe you my friend are trolling and that is in bad form my good sir.... ;)

15.  it must a been hard for the afghan people to scale those mountains everytime they wanted to harvest some bud,
    damn those cursed snow dwelling sativas :mad:

16. Yeah, I guess I took that too literally! Don't mind me, just skipping about

17. And I was right... I got this afex. ..;)

18. #18 Acid Man, Aug 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2014
    early october It be will down to 8 Hours of daylight here!  :eek:
    Its really going to be tough (impossible) for her to reach full maturity with the conditions worsening as her hunger for energy increases
    however farmers who are blessed with a heated climate can and do grow autos 365 days year,
    so it should be enough for her to survive at least, assuming the  weather doesnt doesnt get the better of her.

19. I hoping and willing it to finish my friend...

20. DAY 9: Her 2nd day outside 

Attached Files: