The Most Legendary, Epic, and Exalted...etc, etc, etc: Hlg 288 vs 96 Smackdown Grow ;)

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Or_Gro, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Man I cannot wait to mainline these clones I took. I’m transplanting into 5 gallon pots next week and give them their first topping the following week.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  2. Such a deep subject lighting is I thought Emerson effect was initiator type stuff ?? I guess I need to go back and reread again.
    My space is very small 2' × 2 1/2' and I have to really move alot of air through there to stay inside operating temperatures so no co2 for me yet

3. Same here, i waste some, but have controllers that shut off co2 when fan goes on. Would not reccomend for living quarters. When running co2 you run temps higher.

Remember photosynthesiss requires co2, if you run lights that drive higher PS, you only get the benefit that ambient co2 allows...can’t quantify for you...

4. Please ask future questions re: 96 on 96 thread, so i don’t have to answer twice, thx

5. Counting down to 12:12

C2EF70BB-47C2-41F6-852E-E7C4837105AA.jpeg

6. When does 12/12 begin!?

7. See those blue pieces of tape on pic above? That’s the starting line...

all the mains are vertical and adding pairs of nodes every 3 days... They’re 6-8” now...4-6” to go...if each node pair stretches 2”, then a week from now...maybe a little longer...

Thinking about moving them into smackdown tents a little early so the girls under 288s get a little acclimation time...probably this coming weekend...

Got one tent up and mostly built out, gotta finish up and get the 2nd one done this week....

Can’t wait to see what happens....

• Like Like x 4
  8. Man you’re doing some awesome work. I hope you’re retired or so this for a living. I couldn’t do all that tedious stuff with my life style lol. Thanks for all this hard work and information.

• Like Like x 2
  9. For you, anything...

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. What's your overall opinion on the 288 vs the 96s. Penny for your thoughts. Veg vs flower. 3000k vs 4000k

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. #1731 Or_Gro, Feb 20, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2019
    until i complete this grow, i do not know how the 96elites will do against the 288s in flower. I have mapped both lights; run the 288s in flower; and have separately run the 96 for seeds, cuttings, veg, and upto 6 weeks of flower.

based on what i have experienced and have learned so far, i believe you can’t go wrong getting either type, if you match their red spectrums (New Quantum board qb96 V2's are out from HLG. Cob replacement fixture-Replacement Thread **BS here**)

I haven’t used 288s for veg, but based on the spectrums, in propagation (seeds & clones) and veg you would need, at least, a combination of 3000K and 4000K 288 bds to beat the ~3500K colortemp of 96e bds.

Without red supplementation, the 96e spectrum is hands down better, but, imo, not complete. The addition of far red light gives the opportunity to further assist in flowering and boost photosynthesis.

The good news for the 288 is that the deep red of a 96e as well as the far red supplementation can be duplicated in the 288.

When it comes to intensity, both lights can put down an even spread of 1000ppfd, in a variety of common tent sizes.

Regarding total power, one 288 is roughly equivalent to 2/3s of a 96e. The equivalent power configs in this grow are 8x288 vs 6x96e.

Each light probably has +s/-s in other areas, but for their intended purpose, i’d bet they’re pretty close in the configs i’m gonna run, and given the possibility of achieving what the 288 config did in my previous grow, i think you’d be happy with either light’s performance.

• Like Like x 4
  12. I appreciate it buddy. I'm about to get me a couple new lights, just haven't made up my mind

Sent from my SM-G955U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Think about your growstyle, if you need flexibility for diff height plants, the 96s are more flexible, due to their small size. If you start moving them around, tho, you really need a light meter to make sure they are doing what you intend.

@Tbone Shuffle anything you’d like to say on this?

• Like Like x 2
  14. You too @Soil2Coco, sorry...

15. Day 42, six weeks from cloner: All’s well.

63951384-BEB3-4A79-9336-FEEA231A7222.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  16. @Soil2Coco , do you have a current growthread you are posting to?

I’ve been focused on techniques to maximize yield/quality of an individual grow.
    I believe maximizing annual yield by increasing the number of growcycles has been one of your goals.

Have you compared sog to other styles you use? I am seeing some interesting results with dense plantings of clones flipped 2 weeks out of cloner, topped for two mains with only 3 nodes showing at 12:12...

• Like Like x 1
  17. You need to start subscribing to threads - s2c has Soil2Coco's Indoor Multistrain Journal over in the indoor grow journals forum.

18. I thought by replying you are subbed, what’s correct process?...btw checked his profile for recent postings, didn’t see any recent postings to it, where i have replied many times...

Prob operator error...,

19. At the very top of the thread page (above page numbers but below tags) there is a watch/unwatch thread link

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thx