The Most Important Image Ever Taken (vid)

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by notbakedenough, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Fuck, the one time I didn't bother to search.

Either way, this video should be seen by all.

2. Awesome video

Technology is amazing these days, but I hope by the end of my lifetime we will have learned a lot more about the other galaxies. Honestly I had no idea there were SO many galaxies, IMO there is definitely a lot of other life out there somewhere.

3. Wow, I haven't been ignorant about the scale of our universe, but this video just easily puts the entire thing in ones perspective fora moment, and while I have drank and smoked tonite, this video started to make me tear up. It's just so beautiful and awe-inspiring, something that none of us in our life times or the life-times of our great great grand kids will be able to fully comprehend and take in.

4. I watched part of "Universe" on the history channel last night... our moon is slipping away from earth 2 inches every year and in 50 million years, the earth will lose its gravitational pull on the moon and so the moon will fly away :(

I really hope that when we die we become free spirits or something and we get to explore the universe together, forever :smoke:

5. We are made of the same stuff as stars. Stars die, and get re-born. Life will do the same. We (life) will live as long as the universe.

6. [​IMG]

Yeah I found this picture a couple months ago on a different forum, I thought it was awesome and saved it. Didnt know it was the greatest picture of all time though :p

Attached Files:

7. this video is amazing everyone should watch it