The Most Homeless Children In New York City Since The Great Depression

Discussion in 'Politics' started by katsung47, Dec 31, 2013.

1. [SIZE=12pt]The Most Homeless Children In New York City Since The Great Depression[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]By Michael Snyder | Economic Collapse Blog | December 10, 2013[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt][​IMG][/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]<span style="color:#000000;"><span style="font-family:'times new roman';">http://intellihub.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/Homeless-Children-1024x727.png[/SIZE]</span></span>

[SIZE=12pt]According to the New York Times, the last time there was this many homeless children in New York City was during the days of the Great Depression.  And the number of homeless children in the United States overall recently set a new all-time record.  As I mentioned yesterday, there are now 1.2 million public school kids in America that are homeless, and that number has gone up by about 72 percent since the start of the last recession.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]http://intellihub.com/2013/12/10/the-most-homeless-children-in-new-york-city-since-the-great-depression/[/SIZE]

2. Also, the number of beggars at shopping malls has risen- there was a time when you would see maybe one or two a year.  I see more folks picking up aluminum cans by the side of the road. There was a long line for signing up for a Christmas basket of food when the sign-up place opened at 9 am. Virtually every kid at my school is on the free lunch program.

There was a time when one wage earner in a family was enough to keep everyone fed and clothed, and still have enough to save a bit. When I was a kid, "going for a Sunday drive" was a common and cheap thing to do!

Granny

3. #3 forty winks, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2013
    ... and the stock markets worldwide soar to new heights ...

Wait a minute, was that a trickle I felt?

4. Damn, Bloomberg did a great job huh?

5. #5 Trippers, Dec 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2013

It still is. It's just that we throw money away on junk we don't really need and use credit.

No, the dollar has been purposely devalued over time and our economic system is literally designed to fail.

This, for once, is not just a consumer related phenomena and is actually the fault of our entire economic, debt-based system. I agree people have been conditioned into being horrible consumers, but this is also a system-wide issue.

7. New York isn't exactly run by Reaganites. It's one of the most liberal places in the country.

8. Need Rudy back to make them all disappear again..

9. Bloomberg isn't perfect, he's a long way from it, but he is one of the richest people in the world.  If he had been a family man he could have supported any amount of children.  Yet, he has none.   Kinda makes you think that maybe he's got something there.  

10. Yeah there's also a shitload more people though

Red herring. 

12. Try again.

I guess I misunderstood what forty was trying to say. I thought he was suggesting that the number of homeless people is suggestive of conservative fiscal policy failure. 

My mistake.