The Most Heroic Thing You've Ever Done

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by BWilliams, Jun 15, 2012.

1. A time you stood up to someone that was doing something wrong? Have you ever done something to help someone out in a real bad, potentially life-threatening situation?

I'd like to save someone's life, like a young kid or whoever. I've never really had a situation to where I could be a hero. I know I've stopped kids from getting pounded or bullied but I can't think of anything too serious. There are so many cowards around. It'd be tough to stand up to a gang by myself without a gun. If I saw a woman about to get raped or something, I'd love to thwart the attack and capture the would be rapist.

If I could be anyone I'd be like Dirty Harry or Batman. Tracking down and fighting crime. I would've been a cop if I didn't smoke so much weed, but I wouldn't really want to be a regular patrolman.

So what about you? Any good stories? Be serious and be honest, I'm not looking for some troll responses. :smoke:

2. 2 years ago i was driving on the highway in the pouring rain, i was behind a tahoe going about 60mph and i thought damn i'd better get off their ass in case they hydoplane...3 seconds later, they did, i was right behind them so i stopped immediately and got out in the pouring rain and helped them out of their upside down vehicle. that was quite the run on sentence.

also when a tornado destroyed the town next to me i was there diggin through piles of houses.

3. I led the Israelites to safety once.

4. cant say iv done anything heroic (yet). But my friend once saved me from drowning in some rough surf (and i dont even surf..). had a few life/death experiences before but that one was so surreal. Bigup to my bud!

5. This one time on the subway Doc Ock tore the go-lever off the train so it wouldn't stop. I had to stand on the front and shoot like a million spider webs and hold the train from making it's wet debut in the Hudson river. It was quite the mess. But yeah, I saved all them people.

6. i worked in an er for years, i did a lot of things to help people, but that was my job. the only other thing was pull people out rooms of burning hotel at 3 am. then the firefighters came.

7. #7 LKDF, Jun 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
    not blowing on the pie, before consuming.

what can i say

edit: drinking expired milk is heroic? i dont know

8. Nothing yet but I would be perfectly willing to give my life to save somebody worth saving.

9. ^Would you really? Self sacrifice is easier said than done. and honestly i wouldn't do it.
    except possibly for a greater cause which i understand, support, truly believe in and the act of giving up my life would bring measurable and significant improvement.

10. when i was 10 i saved my friend (who was 8) from drowning in this lake. her family and mine were on a pontoon boat, and we set anchor in some cove area. while our parents were floating around on rafts and getting drunk, we were kind of on this beachy area. i ran into the woods a little to take a piss, and i noticed when i got back she was out in the water without her floaty things. she couldn't swim worth shit and i saw her go under, so i ran into the water and pulled her back to the beach. then i yelled at our parents that were on the other side of the boat, not even paying attention to what just happened. if i didn't see her go under i bet she would have drowned..

11. I was at a restaurant and this really obese dude started choking, and mad people kept trying to give him the Heimlich, but no-one could fit their arms around him. I fortunately have a freakishly large wingspan, in addition to being tall, so my arms fit around him and I stopped him from choking. The man was straight up purple in the face and in and out of consciousness when I got him to spit up dat steak.

12. Dam that's so weird I was just thinking about this today and how I would love the opportunity to save someone's life or do something heroic.

13. Most heroic thing I've ever done was sign my life away to the military. Although there's olenty who would call it something else.

14. I was coming home from a shift at work on the bus train, it was empty except for this really hot girl and two native guys. I was at the far end of the bus and I see a native guy pull out a hunting knife and tell the girl to hand over her purse, and how they are going to rape her. I was wearing my protective vest, had my handcuffs and baton in my workbag. I approached them silently from behind and was able to knock the knife from his hand with my baton, while breaking his wrist at the same time. His friend turned around and ran at me, and I batoned him across the face and knocked him down. Long story short, ended up handcuffing them and turning them over to the police. Ended up having to go to court where they tried to charge me with assault with weapon, I obviously won because the girl was there as a witness. Then I fucked her.

Also helped give birth in a parkade

15. haha...I knew you were bullshittin at the beginning. you left out many details about that wouldn'r in real life homie.

realife situations you cant imagine until its happend to you.

16. So at hash bash a years back. My now ex and a buddy were walkin back to the car after a long day of toking, talking, and just chillin all tg. Well she and I decide to cross the st back to our car. My buddy decides to walk down a few cars and cross right where a Box truck was parked that you couldnt see past. If I hadn't of said Chris watch out Midstep he would've been hit by this corolla flying down the road. Would've undoubtedly ended in the hospital. I count that one for me

17. when i was 8 years old my cousin (who was 3 at the time) and i were swimming in my aunts pool. now he couldn't actually swim he had those floaties kids use to stay afloat, anyway my aunt was keeping an eye on us even though i could swim pretty good and my little cousin was walking back and forth on the steps in the 3ft part of the pool(he was scared to step off and just float around) for some reason my aunt decided to go inside for a bit leaving us both there, as soon as she closed the door i heard a splash from the shallow end of the pool where my cousin was at( i was in the deep end across the pool) my cousin had slipped off the step and was now in a panic trying to get back on. as he was struggling i noticed his floaties slip off completely, so i swam as fast as i could over to him and lifted back onto the step as he coughed up some water he had swallowed. never realized the significance of what i had done till a couple years later when it hit me that he could have literally drowned had i not been there.

18. #18 JuicyGoose, Jun 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012
    I was at the beach with my family. It was super crowded and there were about 10 of my closest family.

Anyway, my niece, 4 at the time, went down to the water to get some aqua for the castle we were building. I swear, we looked away for 30 seconds and when we looked back up she was gone.

I immediately got up and started running down the beach, frantically searching.

I looked for 15 minutes before i found her with a lovely lady who was taking her time to comfort my scared niece... as soon a she saw me she ran over latched on.

I felt like that little girls hero and my sister was so happy. Probably happier with me then than she ever will be again.

19. I have never done anything heroic.

Ever......

I'm so dull.

20. Sat up till 7am talking a girl out of suicide, she ended up cutting herself so I phoned and ambulance. They got to her in time and she was fine.