The mind of a black SJW at UCLA

Discussion in 'Politics' started by BlazedGlory, Jul 3, 2017.

1. What issue do you take?

Why don't you guys ever back this up with numbers that show POC being chosen leagues ahead of white students for the color of their skin. If this stuff is true then produce evidence. I'm not just taking things people say as fact anymore sorry.

Very clearly outlined in the white privilege thread. With statistical evidence, not just opinion.

2. Pretty sure several people have listed charts and links that show how better placed Asian and white students are shafted due to the color of their skin, for the sake of "diversity". Feel free to chime in at 2:15

• Like Like x 1
  3. :roflmao: Keep the ad hominem coming comrade.

4. Pretty sure they didn't.

"And now here's a YouTube video that says what I want!"

Sigh.

5. If you're saying you honestly believe that no educational standardized metrics are being manipulated for the sake of getting more "diversity" in academia, I will make the effort and find the info. Just confirm that you actually believe that it is not a plus for someone to be a minority or a woman these days when applying to American college.

6. Oh, I see what you're trying to do. You want to try to prove that this one area of life black people get some kind of break so it nullifies literally every other inequality.

LOL exactly what I thought. Do you have any academia research articles and not US News?

7. #28 spliffington, Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    I've heard about the discrepancy with Asian Americans and SAT scores. I haven't seen it confirmed in a single academic paper. Every source I find is US News-esque.

As a matter of fact that same article was posted in the white privilege thread. Recycling sources now because only like 3 say what the right wants on this issue. It's not reliable and def leans.

8. What are you saying? You believe US colleges genuinely accept applicants based on scores alone? No racial skews are made?

9. I'm saying just show proof. Stop giving opinion pieces that obviously lean one way or another.

For instance: college has never been a game of merit. It's always been a combination of academics, upbringing, and connections. If it's also a matter of race now, then race is only included in a long list of qualifications other than academic that institutions take in account during admissions.

10. So...you're saying I need to show proof for what I'm claiming,

Then you go ahead and explain how race is in fact part of the acceptance process now.

What should I be looking up?

11. Truth hurts pal, truth hurts.

12. In this case, the faulty attempt at truth amuses. :D

13. So you underlined the word if in my statement then went on and said is in your statement?

14. Of course race is a factor. But last I checked your argument was that black people are just skating into college with horrible grades because they're black, not just that race is a factor in college acceptance rates. 2 different arguments.

15. Spliffy, you ole leftist, you project yet once again.

No one is claiming that black kids are skating into college. What I am claiming however, is that when they are matched up against an equally academically distinguished white or Asian student, they will generally get preference, in today's America. Because, diversity = skin color in 2017.

16. That's fine, and all I'm asking is show proof of your opinion beyond an opinion piece that agrees. Produce an article where people of a large population size have their grades and scores collected, and concludes this.

17. Some more SJW culture afflicting a college campus

18. I've posted links about Asian students getting shafted regarding this. Like said earlier, if you are actually stating that black people are not positively influenced by this at all, I'll be glad to do the research and pull up the numbers.

If you honestly believe that people in American universities are genuinely selected based on their merit only, then some research might need to take place. Like said, I am not claiming they accept complete bums just because they are black, but they will accept the black student, if the two students up for consideration happen to be equally matched .

If you honestly believe that is completely manufactured, I will do the research and link sources.

19. Here's a table representing the socio-economic/racial considerations put into enrolling from 1979-2000.

Screenshot_20170703-181406.jpg
    Low income black students had a 36% chance of getting into an institution. High income white students has a 39% chance. Low income Hispanics had 33% chance.