The Military and Me

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Kersplash, Dec 1, 2011.

1. thanks dude i will implement some of this. i am gonna look into plyometrics, it couldnt hurt. there is gonna be times when i need to be explosive

2. #22 InaHaze, Dec 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2011
    Randy Couture Workout for MMA Conditioning | Fitness Building

Good workout to become a wrecking ball

Add some heavy weight days and some rest days where you might bike or jog

sprints/jogs/boxjumps

If you make a solid program(workout/eating habits) for yourself through a bit of research then you can achieve monster results in short periods of time (couple months).

good luckk

3. if all goes as planned ill be leaving for army basic training in may, my MOS as cavalry scout. my favorite part is they are trained on the most weapon systems out of any other MOS as they employ such a wide variety for the job they need to do. im so pumped for it.

4. ^thanks for the link

and for the guy going to army basic, good luck man, i hope you enjoy it

5. Good luck man. If this all goes through as planned, the rest of your life you will be able to call yourself a veteran, which not many people can say these days. People WILL look highly upon you.

6. Will be well on my way to becoming a united states marine this summer. Its gonna be a dream come true. Good luck to you bro

7. I just got out of Army BCT like two months ago.

My advise is to run/jog a lot, more then pushups and sit-ups.

8. yeah man i am gonna do that. running sucks ass though, but it needs to be done. i am gonna train like a mofo cause i am a weakling

9. Did anyone happen to mention that you can not get high in the Army?

Thats a big step. Think carefully about it.

10. I enlisted in the Army in August.

I'm shipping out to Army BCT early March, to Ft. Benning, GA.

OP, im in the same boat, maybe a little farther along, but i've had to, and keep having to, train my ass off to be ready for basic. It sucks at first but after awhile you'll feel like shit if you skip a day of workouts. Progression is a good motivator

11. i don't smoke anymore, haven't for a long time

12. i hear you, i have already seen a slight improvement, just gotta keep it up

13. OIC...Well if you are going in the Army I've already been there. It has good features and it has bad features. Depends on what you are looking for.

Shit, in today's economy...its one of the best things going for a young man.

All in all it wasn't for me in the long run but in the short run it was great!

Good luck to you, brah!

14. thanks man, i am not sure how long my stay will be but i think even if it's short it will still be beneficial

15. Guess where a lot of US Army training is done! CANADA! My dad trained their back in the 80's.

16. That's not good if you feel bad when you miss a day of working out. Your body shouldn't be falling apart that fast.

There are alot of different ways to work out that other people are pointing out but I really want to emphasize the nutrition/rest aspect of it. Make sure you write up a good plan and stick to it. Do not eat candy or sugar, this stuff destroys your body. Don't drink alcohol.

Be sure to rest ALOT. Like 8 hours of sleep on a regular schedule and maybe a few 15 minute naps throughout the day if you can spare the time.

People think that getting tough means to expose your body to tremendous strain when in reality it involves accurately responding to the needs of what your body wants. Take a look at some posts here:

Bodybuilding.com Forums - Bodybuilding And Fitness Board

17. Future Marine Corps Officer right here =D. I was thinking about doing the PLC, but then I got accepted into a military college, so thats where ill be going next year.

18. as for the name of the exercise he couldn't think of, it sounds like "low rows".

19. i am planing on joining the army when i get my weight down.

20. i will be doing the PLC