Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

the metallic taste?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Half Bred Smoke, Mar 2, 2010.

1. so i use this inch metal pipe and now when i hit it with this certain screen i get a metallic taste. i know its the screen but why would a metal screen turn to smoke. thanks if you know.

2. It's because the screen is aluminum.

That metallic taste you're getting is the taste of you developing Alzheimers.

3. buy a glass screen and dont worry about it ever again

4. First off: Al is way too weak to be used for screens. Just see how easy it is to rip foil.

They use steel for screens.

And the link you between Alzheimers is between Al, not steel.

EDIT: But yea, go glass. It's tasteless and won't burn from your lighter, offering you the taste of weed alone.

5. You can buy a glass Chillum(aka a one hitter or bat) for 10-30 bucks. And a decent glass spoon for $20+

6. I cut my steel screens myself. I'm very familiar with using them.

I've seen aluminum screens and used them, sadly. They oxidize, burn up, and taste like shit.

Just saying out of experience, that doesn't sound like any of the steel screens I've ever used. Plus he didn't say what or where the screen was from. Could have been from an old shitty screen door, who knows.

Also, the majority of the screens I've seen for sale look like brass or some shit.

The little steel screens I cut myself last for months. The ones I buy, maybe an ounce or less. Aluminum, one or two bowls.

And "foil" of any kind is generally the thinnest flimsiest available form of whatever metal it's made from.

7. first the screen is not Al its steel
    second it was not the screen or the pipe, i just was smoking the fungus that just so happened to get onto my weed while i was gone.i got a magnyifing glass (when i tried a diffrent bowl, and the same weed and still got that fucked up taste ) and saw all these little blue things on it like a fog or something. i started to break some of it up and some kind of vapor came out of the weed!:mad:
    thanks for the help anyway, hopefully some new stoner will stumble on this thread and stay away from Al

8. Damn man. Moldy weed blows.

Glad it was steel though.

Keep that good ole' brain safe.:)

9. is the screen from a headshop or is it something you found or took off something else?