the METAL thread

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by longarms, Oct 17, 2008.

1. so who here listens to metal? what bands do you listen to and can you play what they play(if u play an instument)? I listen to mainly Lamb of God, Pantera, Chimaira, and dethklok. I can play along with what they play (except some of dimebag's work of course)

2. i listen to too much metal to name them all. but my favorite metal band is PanterA. i play guitar and can play CFH, psycho holiday, heresy, cemetery gates, domination, mouth for war, walk, fucking hostile, and Regular people. other than that theres bits and piece of there other songs i can play, but since my main metal guitar has a floyd it stays in E at 337hz, so i only really learn the songs they play in that tunin. im also proud to say i can play the outro to floods. its not THAT hard really, but its a stretch on my ibanez cuz the frets are big, but the main reason im proud cuz that part just like touches me inside. i could prolly cry listenin to that.

3. Fucking everything man, try to learn Jazz and shit and fuse it with metal, oh god, just creamed thinking of it. Its delicious man, play hard!

I drum and guitar, and that Jazz idea applies to both, its the most important and intense music to know. It IS theory haha :) but wicked fun in a metal context, I like makin fusion metal ha, with blues, country(the good shit, like old shiiiit) and everything man just learn and master as much as you can if you play an instrument.

I have 40,000+ songs on my iPod so....like a dece 10,000 is metal, easy haha. Ballin. so, too many bands to name but fkn Michael Angelo Batio, Joe Satriani(not too metal), marty Friedman, PAul Gil., Between the buried and me, Protest the Hero, all that wicked shit that makes me a better player man.

4. damn man do u encode ur music in 128? i have like a lil more than 10000 songs and that takes up like 60+ gbs on my 160gb ipod

5. I love Born of Osiris, As I lay Dying, underOath, Bring Me The Horizon, The Devil Wears Prada, etc... [:

this kind of music gets me moving hardcore style :p