The Meg (Megalodon)

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Vee, Aug 13, 2018.

1. After escaping an attack by what he claims was a 70-foot shark, Jonas Taylor (Stratham) must confront his fears to save those trapped in a sunken submersible.
    Saved by the 5000 Chinese Beach bathers, and one fat kid, after that its great ..but before is just mush.
    Score 6:10
    Blandly internationalized, generically derivative, drained of any personality, edited as if by computer and bleached of the slightest hint of emotion other than a holiday card-like sympathy for children and allegedly cute animals, The Meg is a one hundred percent inorganic meal, something made from pre-tasted and then regurgitated ingredients. It's true that some people like institutional food, but those allergic to cardboard must steer clear.
    ('The Meg': Film Review)

Fascinated by the internet lore of the Slender Man, attempt to prove that he doesn't actually exist - until one of them mysteriously goes missing.
    Internet Horror is not eye candy..cheap, directionless even boring ...avoid
    Score 2:10
    One of the most boring wide-release horror flicks of recent years, Sylvain White's Slender Man attempts to make a conventional feature out of an internet phenomenon whose appeal seems to rest largely on its folkloric amorphousness. Older audiences that know nothing of the meme (which has inspired countless bits of fan fiction and even been associated with acts of real-world violence) will find nothing here to explain its popularity. Hustling the movie into theaters without showing it to critics, Screen Gems evidently hopes to milk that popularity for some quick cash before word of the film's poor quality spreads. But the internet is fast.
    ('Slender Man': Film Review)

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. but its no Sharknado!

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lol. I am going to see this at 4 today and didn't realize that was the reason it was called The Meg :bolt:

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Cool ..post your reply ..lol

5. Wife and kids saw slenderman and gave it an eh...

They regret not watching MEG.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. whats an 'eh? ...8?

7. More like a 5. But they watch anything...

• Like Like x 1
  8. I completely agree with you at a 6/10 for this movie. Little slow to start, but that scene with all the bathers was the shitttttttt

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I will be seeing this I just don't know when. Never thought I would see Jason in this kind of movie not that i'm complaining.

Everyone should be happy Sharks are not that big anymore lol :p

~Toni~

10. Not a shark 'Ton' ...but a Mega-lo-don. ....lol

tempting to say more but may spoil ur experience!

Shhhh..!

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. So I was surfing the TV and I found "Megalodon" on SYFY and was all excited. Turns out it's like a really bad knock off of "The Meg" and I wish I had my 20 minutes back.

Megalodon (2018) - IMDb

• Funny Funny x 1

12. IMDB= 4.9..? Thanks for the heads up

The problem with Asylum/SyFy collaborations tends to be dismissed outright because of the reputation they have for outrageous plots, over the top acting and poor-quality special effects. However, this has a very similar plot to the big-budget Warner Brothers picture which is also about a giant shark and considering the fact that The Meg made $145 million worldwide in its opening weekend, I think any skepticism about anything done in Megalodon should be put on the back-burner.
    SyFy Movie Review: Megalodon

• Like Like x 1