Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The Media

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ForTooZero, Sep 15, 2012.

1. A lot of people are confused about why people will drink alcohol but not smoke weed. They all think it's because alcohol is legal, but that's not the real reason at all.

The media always portrays Herbal Enthusiast as lazy potheads who are slow and don't do anything. Back when I started smoking, I used to be worried that if I smoked a lot, I'd start becoming slower.

This rumor is not true!

Smoking weed does not make people stupid! A lot of people smoke weed. Most people do it secretly because of the fact that in most places, weed is illegal. Some people get caught, but more stupid people get caught then intelligent ones (since intelligent people are usually more cautious).

The problem is that I do see a lot of slow potheads but I see a lot of smart Herbal Enthusiasts as well, who still manage to live a successful healthy lifestyle.

Tldr: Weed doesn't make you stupid. It just so happens that a lot of stupid people decide to smoke weed, and make the rest of us look bad.

2. Preaching to the choir. There's loads of misinformation out there about weed, and when you think about it there's good reason for it.

There's multi-million dollar industries out there, and their job is in enforcing prohibition. They'll say anything from "cannabis will give you testicular cancer" to "cannabis will cause schizophrenia". Most people take this as fact, and that's how we get stuck in the situation we are in now. If more people took the time to check their research or data for these claims there would be a lot more marijuana activists.

Long story short, if official documentation stated the truth, that cannabis is actually a non-toxic, safer alternative to alcohol, they'd be out of a job.

Nobody is going to get themselves fired, so they grasp for any shred of 'evidence' they can to support their future employment and pump it out to the masses aided by their massive financial backing from the government.

3. None of this is the main problem for people with cannabis. The main thing people fear about cannabis is that it will kill their brain cells and make them unintelligent.

Which won't happen unless they were unintelligent to begin with.

4. Absolutely. We know how cannabis works now, reacting with cannabanoid receptors and what not. It doesn't sprinkle magic pixie dust on your brain and fry it, it's actually a natural process and your mind and body aren't going to freak out and go into crisis mode shutting down parts of your brain.

If this were actually the case, you wouldn't see people posting on these forums articulately asking for a rational and scientifically backed investigation into law reform.

Some people just love to freak out when they hear about anything that reacts with their brain. They ignore things like coffee which acts as a stimulant, and even exercising which causes your brain to release much the same chemicals it does when you're high. They see illegal and legal and think this is somehow a divinely marked line indicating the safe way of doing things.

Your brain is amazingly sophisticated, tripping (pun unintended) it's receptors is exactly the same thing it does on a daily basis without our knowledge.