The Matrix Trilogy

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Stoner Link, Aug 13, 2012.

1. The development of program Smith throughout the last 2 - excellent.
    The development of the mythology and history of the Matrix in the last 2 - excellent.
    Neo's self-realizations as The One - excellent.
    The tragic end to Trinity, the despair at the battle in Zion, and the hope in the very end of revolutions were all greatly written scenes.

2. The matrix is not fiction, we are in it

3. Imho the matrix is an overhyped pos intended and marketed as this generations star wars or alien.
    Keanu is about as emmotion filled and as good of actress as kristen stewart. Yes he is an actress....

Maybe it would make a good book lol

4. Hmm not really. If you watch The Animatrix then yeah, it develops immensely. If you don't you're left with "lol the Architect did it" or "lol the Oracle did it". The sentient machines were given way too much individuality and personality by the sequels.

5. No, friend. It is clear what happened in the 2nd and 3rd films and no one who has seen the trilogy would attempt to sum it up by saying 'lol the Architect did it" or "lol the Oracle did it". Reloaded extended the development of all characters very much. Revolutions was absolutely breathtaking, the battle of Zion was very emotional. I don't even know what you mean by saying 'x' did 'it'. The movie did not end in some sort of crime thriller 'whodunit' cliffhanger, it ended with a very philosophical allegory.

Yes, i've watched the Animatrix and I am amazed by it. But the 2nd and 3rd Matrix films (Reloaded and Revolutions, respectively) delved deep into the roots of the Matrix and were extremely captivating, pin-pointing artistic and philosophical themes throughout, while continuing the character development of characters Morpheus and Neo, and by extension, Neo and Trinity's relationship.

6. You know you actually aren't saying anything other than, "The Matrix is art". You haven't explained why.

7. It is art because of the philosophical and political themes present throughout the entire trilogy. Character development is extremely thorough. The films were well-made.

8. The last two were awfully made, generic green screen crap. All the style of the first was gone, fighting was generic, ideas were often hamfisted in and poorly acted by really crappy actors. Some of the ideas and philosophies were good, i've read a lot about them but in the end they opted for too much religious non-sense at the expense of well explained science fiction.

Is Neo not completly boring in the last two? Smith's existence/purpose is only vaguely explained. Morpheus becomes an uncool fool. Agents suck. Architect is beyond contrived. Oringinal Oracle died. Awful one liners and in general, poor dialogue. Last two felt long, the Zion siege went on forever. New charcters were not interesting. I definitely see the first as a stand alone, and the last two as a tag on, only for money.