The Matrix Trilogy

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Stoner Link, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Still one of my all time favorite movie trilogies, behind Star Wars, and before Lord of the Rings. :D

2. Idk..1 was amazing, yes...first time anyone really did anything like that. 2 was pretty good...but kinda slow toward the end. 3, ohh 3...not my favorite, kinda boring imo. :confused_2:

But yes to original star wars and lord of the rings were great :wave:

3. The Matrix Trilogy as a whole is great, it has to be appreciated in one sitting.

Reloaded is my favorite, third movie wasnt as action packed, but it had to wrap up the trilogy.

4. I think the fight scenes were pretty lame. The first ones the only one worth seeing.

5. I actually greatly enjoy the third one, but I think the other two are okay.

6. Watched first one yesterday, gonna watch reloaded today.

reloaded had best action sequences IMO

7. yea and even that shit was hard as fuck to follow the next 2 forget about it

fuckin assholes that all look the same

8. If you've already seen the Trilogy and enjoy it, pick up the Animatrix movie (I say movie, but it's like 9 short films under the Umbrella title 'Animatrix'). It's certainly worth a watch.

9. I've watched them. I wish they would do more movies based on the matrix.

10. The Matrix is one of my all time favourite movies, it's just a great action flick that's backed up by great storytelling. Introduced some themes and ideas to me when I first saw it when it first came out.

Reloaded is alright, better than some people think it is but I think Revolutions should have stayed as part of Reloaded instead of being it's own film. Way too much filler.

11. I think the 1 st movie is the better of the 3. It introduces everything and the 3rd ended it all. Didnt really like the second movie, it was alright.

Now the Animateix really explained things. This movie should be talked about amongst the 3.

12. [quote name='"Helikaon"']The Matrix is one of my all time favourite movies, it's just a great action flick that's backed up by great storytelling. Introduced some themes and ideas to me when I first saw it when it first came out.

Reloaded is alright, better than some people think it is but I think Revolutions should have stayed as part of Reloaded instead of being it's own film. Way too much filler.[/quote]

I was reading that reloaded and revolutions were suppose to be one movie but they split it into 2 different ones because it would have been so long. I think they were filmed at the same time

13. Great first movie, and cool scenes in the other 2. But besides the action in those other 2 they are terrible movies.

14. #14 Helikaon, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2012
    Yeah originally it was just one movie and the rush to the Architect would have happened at the same time as the Zion invasion/mecha fight. But good ol' Warner Bros didn't think people would like a nearly 3 hour action movie so they split it into two, meaning they had to shoot a hell of a lot of filler (the cave rave, the second visit to the Oracle, the stuff with Neo getting trapped in the Matrix, Smith in the real world etc). Same reason the Enter The Matrix game was so rushed and some it doesn't make sense with the movies, they wanted it out before the 3rd movie was released.

15. The sequels were so poorly made, you wonder if they were directed by the same guys. Lost all its style and originality for blue/green screen generic two shot crap. Ideas and themes were interesting, some fight scenes were good, but overall boring, repetitive etc.

First is, always will be a classic though.

16. People who don't appreciate the entire Matrix trilogy just don't know good art. If you're looking for the Matrix for cool fight scenes, that's the wrong reason. The Wachowski siblings r genius.

17. [quote name='"iDontSmokeBlunt"']People who don't appreciate the entire Matrix trilogy just don't know good art. If you're looking for the Matrix for cool fight scenes, that's the wrong reason. The Wachowski siblings r genius.[/quote]

Lol art. Lol. They're filler movies. There's no art besides the art of making money.

18. The 2nd and 3rd movies complete the entire concept of the Matrix. The first Matrix is indeed a good movie by itself, but the whole trilogy is an excellent piece of art.

19. [quote name='"iDontSmokeBlunt"']

The 2nd and 3rd movies complete the entire concept of the Matrix. The first Matrix is indeed a good movie by itself, but the whole trilogy is an excellent piece of art.[/quote]

We shall agree to disagree.

20. It's just not a well made piece of art. The last two, that is.