The Mars Volta Fans

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by TheBonzai, Jun 23, 2008.

1. oh hell yeah. i got more into playin guitar cause of de-loused and the long instrumental segments. i could zone and feel great listenin to them.

2. Love The Mars Volta, saw them awhile back in Norfolk when they opened for System of a Down. Only crappy part was since they were opening no one was into it except me, everyone was waiting on SOAD.

The new record is good but the drummer seems out of place, it's too chaotic IMO but I guess I am just used to the old guy. Haven't heard any mention of Tremulant, that was a great record.

3. I saw the mars volta in toronto not too long ago. They where amazing, Blazing spliff in the crowd fun shit man. It was such a nice night and most people there where nice and chill. I had some Mexican man trade me some shrooms for some of my weed . Super nice night.

peace

4. Yeah so after reading this absalutly rubish article about The Mars Volta i had to write an email . here it is.

Topic: Mars Volta Article Quite interesting.

Hey I just finished reading you're article on The Mars Volta. I greatly adore how you demonstrate to the best of your powers how your intelligence is lacking. You must not have much to do during the day. You know just sit down, have a coffee , jerk and make fun of things you can't even comprehend. The Mars Volta is the most poetic creation of our time. So you fucking prick , please go on a use the "writing skills" you don't have to write about some fucking piece of shit rapper or what ever you want to call it.

So mate what you would need at the moment would be to take a step back at your life and see what you're goals where , and where you are at now? Therefore chill out take a deep breath and realize your incompetence towards modern day life and give up trying to write . I picture you being one of those Starbucks pricks that site down with there coffee and there MacBook writing there "blog" or on you're "site".

Fuck you Mate

SImon

Peace

5. saw them a few months ago. its was one of the greatest shows ive been too. they sound phenomenal live.

6. im kinda diggin televators

7. +rep thats a great song man. Alot of emotion in that one.

8. Can you guys see the roots of The Mars Volta. Some song i can hear some Zeplin, Floyd , Greatful dead roots. Anybody els recognize this too?

9. Alot of people don't dig the new album as much as their old stuff, but as a drummer I think that shit is amazing. I learned Wax Simulacra and Goliath (Minus some little details) recently and picking through the songs you can really tell how much of a fucking beast Thomas Pridgen is.. Listen to the part right after the chorus in Goliath (second time is longer) it's rediculous.

10. Yeah man totaly. I think all albums deserve respect. Have you heard Omars Solo stuff?? its great.

11. I love "The Widow"

12. I find the widow a very deep song. A little too deep for my tast. I lisin to it and think wow this shits intence. Anybody els feel this???

13. ive heard almost all their songs, but Eriataka really takes the cake for me, idk why but i just like it...pot or not

14. Casadra Gemini is also a great song. Its split up in any parts and its amazing.

15. I love L'via L'viaquez, the guitar parts are awesome as well as the vocal intensity.

No wonder why John Frusciante plays in this track.

edit: i love having my tmv playlist on shuffle. its just like a playlist of continually awesome songs. roulette dares came on right after L'via. I cant say im complaining, haha.

i always (always) listen to at least a little mars volta while i blaze and i recently had a friend who doesnt listen to tmv outside of blazing with me (which is really really often though) singing along to L'via while i was ripping my roor. haha now hes into tmv too.

16. +rep man .
    My friend has converted people into hard core TMV fans its crazy. Sometimes i need to lissin to them other music wont suffice to a certain need for that type of music. I love it its great.

17. Midnight nooses from boxcar cadavers....

The Mars Volta - Roulette Dares (the haunt of)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/egFCHJC7TWg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/egFCHJC7TWg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<P>

18. this was a while ago, they had they old drummer. The new one i find suits them better. TMV is A great band.

19. god i love the mars volta... seem em in concert 3 times :p

20. Jon Theodore had chops, man. Their best drummer, IMO.