The Mars Volta and Red Hot Chili Peppers

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Rolling_Stoned, May 5, 2006.

1. The Mars Volta are in recording right now. On their last album, Frances the Mute, Red Hot Chili Peppers bassist Flea played on nine of the tracks. For their next album TMV have decicied to work with the chili's again. John Fruscinte and Flea(RHCP) are both playing on the new record. The two said the were honored to be apart of this process which will be the bands third studio album which is also another rock oprea. With recording going so good The Chili's invited TMV to be the opening act on their up coming Stadium Arcdium tour. So yeah just had to say that The Mars Volta is the shit and RHCP are just fucking gods.

2. I cant even imagine. Im not much a chili peppers fan but i still think it would be an interesting mix. You know when its supposed to be coming out?

3. I'm not a fan of RHCP either, but flea is a great bassist. I like the mars volta a lot, but I didn't enjoy the last album as much as the first full length. maybe they should be back on drugs for this recording. :D hah. just kiddin.

4. personally I think the RHCP are the best band around today. By far, my personal favourite band.

Mars Volta is cool too, and anything John and Flea touch is sure to be golden.

I'm definantly going to that concert as well

5. yeah mars volta are the shit man and chili peppers are pretty good i just don't have any of their cds. i can't wait for that new album to come out... and i agree they should be on more drugs while they make their cds. it deff worked out for deloused in the commatorium

6. the voltas cool, but they make to many lazer noises and weird noises from the forest. and the that dude is just to skinny to be wearing such tight pants. At the Drive in is way better...... should have stuck with that.

7. Eh, I don't really like RHCP's new Albums... granted it has a couple good songs, but its much too SOFT for my tastes.:eek:

8. Mars Volta and Red Hot Chili Peppers are BOTH among my favorite bands, and every time I hear news of them working together I get all teary-eyed. John Fru and Omar have recorded a lot of jam sessions together and they amazingly psychedelic.

9. First of all, I'm pretty sure Flea did not play bass on Frances the Mute. He played trumpet.

Juan Aldarete played bass.

And this isn't anything new, Flea played all the bass on Deloused and John layed down tracks for Cicatriz ESP and L'via L'viaquez.

Can't wait for the new album.

10. What did everyone think of Stadium Arcadium? I think it's classic, honestly, they got their new soft style, some punkish shit, and their funky fresh flava!! It was fun to listen to because the two cds were so diverse in each and every song. Not saying that the cds had different themes or styles, I didn't really pay attention, but all of the songs were pretty cool/different.

11. I'm going to that concert also, and my seats are badass. My friends and I got front row center seats for that badass concert. I am soooo stoked. And by the way, the red hot chili peppers are the best band around today for DAMN sure.

12. Just got my tickets looks like people in MN arent to pumped to see them because I got floor seats and tickets have been on sale for a while.