Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The Marijuana Situation in Venezuela

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Josdell, Jun 26, 2010.

1. Hey guys, I'm posting this because i love talking and telling people about everything and i like knowing a lot about everything and I know there are other people out there that are like that too. This is for them. I'm gonna be describing how it is when you buy weed here, how it is(quality), and how you'll feel doing it.

First, let's describe how you'll feel doing it: like a criminal. Not personally, but if anyone finds out that doesn't, they will automatically keep an eye on you. It's nothing like in the North America and Europe. The majority, and I mean like 90% don't smoke, hate it, and some of them completely avoid people who do it.

It's supposedly legal to have up to 5 grams here in Venezuela, but if the cops catch you, have a fun time in jail( that is unless you bribe them). This is why you feel like a criminal. haha it sucks. I believe that the cause from this is that in the past especially and today, much of the world blames Latin America and the Caribbean, esp. Colombia and Venezuela, for cocaine and the trafficking of almost all drugs.

Buying weed here is a hassle mainly because almost every dealer you get isn't even close to the guy who's growing it, and the guy who delivers it to your dealer is probably getting it from someone who doesn't know the grower. This is because all marijuana you buy in Venezuela comes from either:
    1) Colombia
    2) Venezuela
    * It should be noted that no matter who you buy from, unless you know the grower, you will either get pressed(brick weed but not necessarily of bad quality) or compressed. Big difference here in Venezuela. I'll explain this later.

1) If you get your stuff from Colombia, it is bad. Not because Colombia doesn't produce any good bud, but because it doesn't get far enough from the border (and is not sent to Venezuela), so if you are getting anything good from Colombia, you are on the border. What you get from Colombia is what you call Mexican brick weed. It sucks, has seeds, taste like shit, not good. A dealer getting his stuff from Colombia is usually unreliable and doesn't know anything about the quality.

2) Venezuela has its own growing operation going on apart from Colombia, but the main difference is, what's grown in Venezuela, stays in Venezuela. Here growers and senders have a system. If you are getting supply as a dealer, it is compressed, but not brick. This means basically you get bud that was "cured" and they pull apart the bud and nugs and sort of press it to reduce the volume of the bud ( i'd say 50%) for shipping. But nothing close to brick weed.

Now this is the system Venezuelan growers have. If the stuff they grow is low grade to mid grade mids, the black rectangle bags have a strip of red tape wrapped around it. If it is high grade mids, it has a strip of blue tape around it. You can tell the difference of quality by if it has seeds (red tape), or very few or none(blue tape). This is so people know the right price to sell it at. And that is where the pricing comes in.

The only good thing about marijuana here is that it is so cheap. I can get a kilo(2.2 lbs) of high grade mids for the equivalent of $192, and $64 if you sell dollars in the black market(hehe). This is because growers here GROW a lot, specifically too much, not as many people do it (low demand), and it's just the way it is here.

Up til now, I have only talked about up to high grade mids. But what about DANK?! haha, knowing the grower, is the only chance of getting some medical grade stuff but that is super rare. I have gotten authentic sour diesel, northern lights, and mango widow, but its appearance was characteristic of the shipping venezuelans do(pressed) but the THC crystals rained from those nugs :smoke: Some of this stuff is regular, a gram of sour diesel is $15, but beware, dealers will rip you off here, bad.

So yeah this is basically how it is over here in Venezuela and I only posted it because I know there are people who like knowing things haha, hope those of you who actually read this enjoyed, any questions feel free to ask.

If you ask where my information is coming from well I've been here in Venezuela for 1.5 years with three dealers, my first one getting stuff from colombia, second guy getting his stuff from venezuela( and the island of Barbados one time), and my third one who gets all his stuff from venezuela and showed me the hookups to real good stuff and growers.

Take a hit! :smoke:

2. Wow, that sounds pretty shitty and confusing. Legal but not tolerated??? Very odd, sounds as if the government doesn't respect their own rules?

Sorry dude

3. Sounds like it sucks in some ways but $192 for 2.2 lbs? Might be worth all the hassle.

4. I read all of this and it was very interesting, thank you for taking the time to post it :)

5. Less than 200 bucks for 2.2 pounds?

Fuck me dude that's nuts.

I read the rest of it and I see what you're saying, but that's a bit of an attention grabber. That's a lot of fucking weed for the same price I pay for less than an O.

6. interesting! thanks for the post

7. You're welcome to everyone.

And yeah the only thing that's good is you can get high grade mids that when your crush between your fingers they come out white for that low of a price. :smoke:

8. Yeah Venezuela came out to be like the 3rd most corrupted country i think? If you're innocent and the laws don't apply to you, it's because you have money.

Current government is trying to make a change, personally as a Venezuelan I don't see this country getting any better in the next 50 years(socially, mentality-wise).

9. this.

10. Interesting read man. Cool and thanks for posting. :wave::D

11. You're welcome everyone.

Another example of feeling like a criminal, I was at a party an went out to the street to smoke a j, and some girl got crazy and drunk and they blamed me because I probably spiked her drink with "drugs" because someone saw me doing "drugs".

12. its an overall problem with south america and central america really. corruption has pretty much become normal and you have to deal with it all over. its more a part of their culture though than anything else. its just been that way and thus it stays that way.

13. @Josdell,
    Nice read appreciate you posting it. :smoke:

14. I live in Mexico, and the situation is very similar. In terms of cheap product, you can get a kilo for around $150 as well, but honestly it isn't as cool as it sounds. I started smoking herb in Mexico so it's all I know, but after a while smoking schwag you just get sick of it. It's nasty-ass brown, odorless, shit-tasting and seed-filled brick weed. You can get high off of it, but after a while it just makes you sleepy and requires constant t-breaks.

The advantage is that anytime you get mildly high quality weed (extremely hard and very expensive) is that it'll blow you away since you're so used to shit (imagine eating vienna sausages all your life then eating a hebrew national for the first time -still not that good but spectacular compared to before). My most recent purchase of 60 grams (a little over 2 oz) was $60.

Dealers don't have strain names, and in every bag you get a few tree stumps (massive stems). If possible, I go for the ~$10 a gram good stuff that has some trichs on it (few), as the schwag really tires you, even if you can get it for less than $200 a pound.

15. you should look into making hash or something. with all that cheap product you could make alot for cheap and the high will be better and less nasty. or something like a tincture could make it less dirty.

16. Its nice to know im not the only on this forum suffering hehe :wave:

Where I live weed is extremely expensive..

I mean 20 dollars for a small 0.2 gram joint, 2 joints for 30 dollars if youre lucky and you know the dealer.
    100 dollars will get you 2 grams. ridiculous..

However the community is good, more than half the population smoke weed.
    The dealers are usually a friend, cousin, friends cousins cousin, etc.

Finding and buying weed is easy, its just the price that kills.

The weed quality can range anywhere from dirt grass with little thc or decent stuff shipped from the states.

Its just the supply and demand thats screwed up. Many people want, dealers are stingy.

Couple years ago you could buy an eighth of weed, 3.5grams for 100dollars but dealers got stingy and realized they easily had total control over the market.

However as of recent years ive decided to simply just grow my own pot. =)
    Given that im living in a tropical paradise only 13 degrees above the equator i consider myself blessed.

NOTE* although im new to these forums and live in pot buyers hell, i AM a seasoned smoker =)

Ive been to europe, spain and amsterdam, been to the states, seattle, LA, and houston, been to thailand also.

17. Where do you live??

18. Damn. Sounds like it has it's pros and cons, though.

I'm from Venezuela but moved to the US when I was 7. But now I know that if I were to ever go back, at least the weed will be cheap, though hard to find (you said around 90% are against it). Do jobs drug test over there? Just curious.

-E
    would love to smoke in my home country someday :smoking:

19. Yeah exactly people here expect to deal with corruption, if you even try to do something the way it's "supposed" to be done, you will get no where.

Wow that sounds even worse than here, at least everything i get is minimal mids.

grow maybe?

20. You should be happy you moved. Venezuela is such a beautiful country, but it is completely destroyed by it's people. The country and certain aspects of society are the only reason I'm still proud to call myself Venezuelan.

Not hard to find, just tedious to find good dealers. The fact that I said 90% just means those people will look down upon you/discriminate/snitch/avoid. Seriously it takes extremism to a whole new level.

I'm pretty sure there are no drug tests, mostly because it's probably really hard to get a good supply, and if you do, it's expensive, like everything here. i.e. employers don't wanna waste money.