The Magical Field of Mushrooms

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Jack Miller, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Okay, so I am from Texas and after going to college all week, I go and work on a ranch in the central part of the state. The ranch is in a valley, surrounded by limestone hills with a little creek that splits it in half, great for bass fishing. Cows have been on this ranch for over seventy years and the soil is magnificent, yielding potatoes, onions, corn, tomatos, watermelon, blueberries, jalapeno peppers and just about anything you could imagine. So I went to the ranch last weekend, looked across the pasture and noticed an everlasting crop of mushrooms growing from the cow manure. They turned purple when I crushed them and had hollow stems so I picked about an ounce or so, washed them, and divided the ounce amongst four friends. Nothing happened. What the hell did I do wrong? Someone please instruct me on how to harvest these shrooms. I mean, seriously I could load a pound or two of em off that place if I knew how to harvest them right. And I know for sure that they are the magic type. Around here shrooms sell for 20 a gram. Two pounds would be some eaassssyyyy money.

2. was it an ounce of wet shrooms? or did u dry them first

3. #3 Squishey, Mar 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2009
    First of all, you must be completley retarded to eat an unknown mushroom, like wtf dude, you could of easily died. JUST BECAUSE IT TURNS BLUE DOES NOT MEAN ITS MAGIC. There are a lot of species that turn blue when you cut them and are very poisonous. And second of all, gave them to your friends? You dont even know what kind of mushroom it is, and you put your friends in that kind of danger? Dude, get a brain. You could of just killed you and all your friends.
    Next time you want to go eat mushrooms you pick, bring a couple home and do some research.
    Or go on shroomery.org and post the pics, thoes guys are pros.

4. what subforum are you in?

5. :rolleyes:

shrooms bruise blue...some non "magic" shrooms bruise blue also...I'd say that its probably pretty foolish of you to just pick and eat mushrooms first without consulting a shroom picking guide....they can be found on erowid.. stay safe dude

as far as harvesting, maybe let them dry out first before consuming, but besides that, theres not too much to it dude:smoking:

6. #6 BlownOnThAtIndo, Mar 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 23, 2009

Goddammit thank you brother for what you said alotta ppl around here jus pick mushrooms and shit not knowing the species or anything which is really ignorant. It is one of the things that stops me from trying shrooms. To much ignorance goes around here about piscilcybin cubensis (or however it is spelled lol).

7. Personally i like wavy caps. I think i read somewhere like there 35% stronger, but yeah.

8. First off, I didnt just pick em and eat them without getting any confirmation whatsoever that they were the right kind. (called a weed dealer, trustworthy guy, who said they should be koshir) Second of all, I didnt just hand them to my friends without carefully warning them what the situation was. I wouldve just as soon done them myself without them, but they wanted to try.

9. damn do some research on a drug ur about to do kiddy. thats rediculous to eat an unknown shroom. U could have easily killed u and 4 of ur friends in a second. dumbass!