the lottery

Discussion in 'General' started by chevyguy2034, Mar 20, 2008.

1. anybody here ever won the lottery - something decent like over $1000 dollars??

just wondering if i ever have a chance................

2. Personally, no. But someone who lived down the street from me when I was younger one big time off a scratch ticket...$1,000,0000!!!! No joke. It was in the news and stuff and my parents were like "hey, that guy used to live down the street!" He was an asshole, but they were wishing they were friends with him at that point haha.

3. he was an asshole and he won a million dollars ?? whatever happened to karma ?

4. I was thinking the same thing as I typed that up. I didn't know the guy personally, I was really young when we lived there so I don't know how much of an asshole he really was.

5. most i ever won was 200 bucks. but i stopped playing because it became a problem

6. i won three hole bucks today :)

7. My pops won like 22 hundred way back in like the 70's in southwest detroit.

Never forget his stories.

"We celebrated, Got some pizza, A 2 liter of coke, Livin the high life *then* *quietly* (got a half ounce of some green)."

Bought a used car with it after that, Helped them out ALOT.

8. my dad won a car in the mid 60's - when he was like 17

there was a chain of gas stations that were giving out key chains to anyone who filled up - on the back was string of numbers - my grandfather gave it to him thinking he'd never win - they had the drawing and my dad won - brand new AMC rambler marlin

9. which brings me to the next point of, why do old people always win the powerball, i mean like there gonna die within 10-20 years, why doesnt someone who could actually live a nice life for awhile ever win that money

like me!! everytime i play i dont even get 1 fuckin number, i mean i've had a shitty life so far, and if karma exists then i should be in for one hell of a fortune, why cant i just win the powerball

man i'd buy like 5 pounds of heroin n hitup the needle exchange n grab up a fuckin shoppin bag full of pinners... i'd be lovin it

10. Do you understand karma now?

11. i've noticed this a lot - especially living in florida

12. I won 20 dollars on the bottom of a coke bottle top when I was in middle school

13. Most people who know me very well consider me to be one of the most thoughful, friendly, helping person they know... and I'v never won a dime.

hooray karma!

14. Same here man, all i ever hear about are these old ass people winning, and you got families trying to win so they can eat, or pay bills or even get their kids through school, and these old people are blowing it on a fucking boat and a brand new car or some shit that they WANT......karma really is a bitch.....

15. The most I ever won was $120 but I sadly watched a friend buy a $10 Jumbo scratch off right after I bought one and he won $1200. Lucky for me he was a really good friend and blew down with me most of the bud he purchased.

On a another related story....did anybody see those 8 women who just won a powerball lottery for aprrox. 276 million. All eight said they are going to continue working. Are they CRAZY???

16. its not that strange. the older folks often play lottery/bingo religiously. compared to to the casual lottery scratch ticket buyer.
    i think its simple. the odds of how many people play the lottery: a large number of retirement communities are in Florida.