Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The loss of short term memory really screws me over..

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Shazbuckle, Jan 3, 2010.

1. ...In social situations where I'm meeting new people.

For me...weed isn't the best social drug, although I'd love it to be. I usually get quite reserved and I forget every new thing I've learnt about any new people I meet.

I'm just wondering if -over time- the side effects of memory loss and paranoia ever go away from increased tolerance? Cause right now it's sort of rendered me to not smoking on nights out anymore.

Cheers

2. The paranoia is all in your head. If you feel relaxed then you will be relaxed. I mean it's possible to be paranoid when smoking by yourself, it's just psychological. I find weed helps me to become more social, but only if you're smoking with other people. I think the same concept applies for drinking too. You wouldn't drink a lot and then go out with sober people and expect for it to be a lot of fun. Hopefully that makes sense, I'm a bit baked right now.

Just go with the flow.

3. Hello Shazbuckle. When you start to take notice of short term memory loss at this "extreme", I'd strongly advise taking a refreshing and recouperating tolerance break. Take a month off smoking, read a book, meet new people, and when you're ready, jump back into the weed culture. Balance is necessary.

4. yea, that happens to me. i feel like everything i say is always the same or really stupid and weed is not a drug! it really depends on the strain too

5. Hey sorry I think you misunderstood, probably my fault :p

I meant memory loss whilst high, my memory is fine sober. Just sometimes I'll be talking to someone and mid sentence I'll completely forget about what I was talking about, and I just look rediculous :)

yeah, this could be my problem. Most my friends don't smoke, and the ones that do smoke rarely. I'd love new friends but I love my current group more.

6. My closest friends don't smoke regularly but I have another set of friends that I smoke with. You can hang out with two different sets of people.

7. Hahahaha, whilst high- gotchya, thus rendering the entirety of my post useless.

Fuck weed in social situations. People like it, but I can't fucking stand it. I hate being high arond strangers.

8. well if you're having memory problems you may be smoking too much. try just taking a hit or two and get a small buzz going then try to interact with people

9. You probably have a bad memory or bad memory encoding skills to begin with. Neither are your fault but i've seen this in many of my friends. Even when they were more experienced by a year of smoking when i first started, i would remember way more of what happened when we smoked than they would.

10. drug

1 [​IMG] /drʌg/ [​IMG] Show Spelled Pronunciation [druhg] [​IMG] Show IPA noun, verb, drugged, drug⋅ging.Use drug in a Sentence

See web results for drug

See images of drug

–noun 1. Pharmacology. a chemical substance used in the treatment, cure, prevention, or diagnosis of disease or used to otherwise enhance physical or mental well-being. 2. (in federal law) a. any substance recognized in the official pharmacopoeia or formulary of the nation. b. any substance intended for use in the diagnosis, cure, mitigation, treatment, or prevention of disease in humans or other animals. c. any article, other than food, intended to affect the structure or any function of the body of humans or other animals. d. any substance intended for use as a component of such a drug, but not a device or a part of a device. 3. a habit-forming medicinal or illicit substance, esp. a narcotic.

according to the dictionary, weed is definitely a drug...

11. I read a VERY good article about that EXACT topic and it CLEARLY stated.........FUCK!! I forgot what it stated

12. Story of my life.

13. Dai Ja Vu Much :) (Look at thread title)

14. hahahahahahahahhahahaha

15. Nah, nigguh, it AIN'T. Weed ain't a drug, it's a PLANT. It GROWS like that. And if you just HAPPEN... To Set it on fire, there are some SIDE-EFFECTS. HAPPY, HUNGRY, SLEEPY, that's it!!! May katt Williams live forever in the hearts of tokers... :]

16. fuck strangers... :D

17. not gunna lie, i have met a good 10 people since i got to college that i smoked with and i couldnt for the life of me remember any of their names until the 2nd or 3rd time i met them.

18. it's incredibly ignorant when people say that weed isn't a drug, it clearly is, it just isn't a synthetic drug like a lot of others. it also has a lot healing properties to it in long term use, unlike the formentioned synthetic chemicals. it is a drug in its purest form.

19. well i aint here to argue bout whether its a drug or not i say it isnt the feds say it is so hey....
    anyway i feel you about the memory loss thing but like they said above juss lay off the green for a while i take like month on and a month off because i need the t-breaks sometimes because of my tolerance level and the t breaks do bring about some clearness of the mind sometimes if you know what im talkin about

20. Smoking a blunt between a few heads and then bouncing to a night out is fun.

Getting stoned as fuck is reserved for nights in for me, I've found when I'm that baked I am really vulnerable to a lot of things.