The Lord of the Rings

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Chinity, Sep 2, 2012.

1. Just finished 8-9 hrs straight of the trilogy. Holy shit before I didn't understand this franchise at all but after watching high for the first time, I got the whole trilogy down lol. Does weed make me smarter or what? This stuff is just ridiculous. BTW this is my fourth time smoking weed =).

2. LOTR is one of the best movie sets ever made. I love all of them, especially the Nazgul. as for weed, it makes you pay attention to things you're really interested in haha. I love blazing a few blunts and watching some "in depth" movies

3. Love me some LOTR.

I remember one of the first times I ever smoked, we watched Silent Hill and I was hardcore trying to pay attention but still to this day I have no idea wtf that movie was about.

4. Lotr is so awesome.. Boromir's death scene is probably one of my favorite movie scenes of all time.. Taking like 5 arrows in the chest and just chopping up orcs.. I just got goosebumps lol

5. i saw The Hobbit preview when i saw Batman and it looks INSANE

6. The LOTR trilogy is great,can't wait for The Hobbit

7. The movies are fucking terrible. They removed, changed, and simplified so much from the book that its practically insulting. Tolkien would be turning in his grave right now...

8. #8 Bombur, Sep 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2012
    Yeah because, you know, they could have added so much more into the movies that they left out.. Cuz, you know, LOTR movies were pretty short and could have used more content :rolleyes:

Want the book? Read the book. Movies ALWAYS leave a bunch of stuff out, it's because no one wants to watch a 7 hour movie

Also, CANNOT wait for the hobbit! One of my favorite books of all time. Hence the name/avatar

9. [quote name='"Bombur"']

Yeah because, you know, they could have added so much more into the movies that they left out.. Cuz, you know, LOTR movies were pretty short and could have used more content :rolleyes:

Want the book? Read the book. Movies ALWAYS leave a bunch of stuff out, it's because no one wants to watch a 7 hour movie

Also, CANNOT wait for the hobbit! One of my favorite books of all time. Hence the name/avatar[/quote]

7 hour LOTR movies actually sound pretty damn good. 21 hour trilogy? Yes please.
    Star wars on the other hand... No thanks.

10. Yes, exactly. It also would have helped if they didn't drastically change nearly every fucking character.

11. Guess I should start putting :sarcasm: in those kind of posts. You're right man, the makers of Lotr movies totally could have included every detail in the book and still made it a successful and enjoyable movie :) I mean who DOESN'T want to sit and watch a movie for the same amount of time they slept that night?

12. The Hobbit is going to be fucking exhilirating.

13. I was being rhetorical in my last post....

14. I don't enjoy watching any of them. :confused_2:

15. Yeah I always bump/post in threads about shit I don't like at all. Oh wait that would be retarded..

16. LOTR <3 Gotta nerd it up. Hobbit is coming soooooooooooN!

17. Yeah I could never enjoy the movies because they're such an abomination against the books. I feel bad for people who don't even realize the books exist.

18. #18 KangarooBunny, Sep 3, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
    I've probably read The Hobbit 6 or 7 times. Favorite book of all time. Anyone who hasn't seen the trailer, it looks excellent!

As far as the LOTR movie trilogy goes, you really have to appreciate the books and the movies separately. If you ever watch the movies again, try approaching them with a different mindset and don't try to match the book with the movie. It won't work, it never has worked, and it probably never will. Everyone does it. You create the setting in your mind when you're reading. Your opinions and views on the characters develop gradually as you get to know them. It's very subjective, and if you expect that the movie is going to turn out exactly like how you created it in your mind when you read the book, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nOGsB9dORBg]THE HOBBIT Trailer - 2012 Movie - Official [HD] - YouTube[/ame]

19. No need to be a prick. I stated I didn't enjoy it without even a hint of hostility towards anybody here or the movies themselves and you flame me. Fuck off. :D

20. did this dude just hate on star wars?

[​IMG]