The long road here

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by straightgiggin, Jan 25, 2014.

1. I hang for 3 days, then into brown paper shopping bag for 3 more days

Then into jars :)

Excellent job

Thanks Grandpa haha! Do you think I should put a fan on while they hang?

3. just make sure there is some air movement in the room.  If you put a fan on it, the results are not as good as indirect air flow.

4. Ok so later today I will be putting the buds into paper bags.  Has anyone ever made hash on here before? Does anyone have a method that they prefer? I definitely wanna make some hash haha

That looks like a legit product, and so simple to use, however, it is a bit out of my price range right now.  I'll keep it on my radar for later when I have the capital to purchase, thanks!

I bagged the nugs today, they were looking and smelling AMAZING.

6. @[member="Your Grandfathe"] do you give the nugs a stir when they are in the bags? Mine have been in there for 2 days undisturbed thus far.

7. A crude version of dry ice hash can be done with a 1lb coffee can and some panty hose-nylon hose.. total cost under 10 bucks.. just wear gloves when handling the ice and the metal can..
    http://forum.grasscity.com/micro-grows/1175723-70-watt-mh-hid-starter-box.html?view=findpost&p=18397947

Here is my more current method..
    http://forum.grasscity.com/outdoor-grow-journals/1245053-american-dream-white-picket-fences-marijuana-so-cal-sun.html?view=findpost&p=19271915
    A 160-220 micron bag can be picked up for around 20 bucks when you decide to step up the quality a bit..

Thanks for sharing your methods! Your links kinda sent me to random spots in your thread though

9. Tomorrow I will be jarring the buds.  How often should I burp the jars and for how long does each burb session last, aka how long do I leave the jar open for? Thanks again for all your help fellow blades!

yeah, I put my hand in there and move 'em around.  Also, I like the feel of those nuggs

11. At first crack 'em for like 10 minutes or so, couple of times a day.  Week into it, you'll only have to do it maybe twice a week for just a few.

It pretty easy, just feel the buds, your fingers will tell you when it's nice. 

12. Ok I am working on getting a picture up of the buds in the jars.  All told I got 4 ounces of decent buds and then another almost ounce of popcorn nugs. I feel like 4 zips off 2 plants under 200 watts of T5s is a good yield, now we must wait a few weeks to test quality and flavor.

13. right on!

Feels good eh?  :)

14. Feels good eh?  :)

It feels amazing, I thoroughly enjoyed the whole entire process.

15. Here is a picture of the final product! There is an ounce in each of the jars there.  My biggest nug/cola weighed 8.3 grams.  That will be my benchmark for my next grow... I'm itchin to get started on my next grow, I'm gonna do 2 plants outdoors in my backyard.

Attached Files:

16. You did a totally excellent job Bro. Be very proud.

I don't know of a lot of people who have that nice of a harvest on their first grow.  :)

17. I was just trying to link to the relevant part and not make you wade through a bunch of pages.. Looks like you did a fine job on your 1st harvest though.. Congratulations !!
    For a more complete read on drying and curing..
    https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?p=3112013#post3112013
    Still my send them to thread on the subject.. I'd worked a lot of this out the hard way on my own before finding this but it's the most complete guide I've found yet.. After the 1st couple of runs you'll get to where you can do it all by feel.. And won't need the humidity gauges so much.. But I still do double check myself as I get down around the mid 60%s
    It's a fine line between to dry and wet enough to mold.. One of the other newbee growers on GC just found about half his newly jarred weed has molded.. something to watch out for..
    Depending on your local conditions and humidity you'll learn how to adjust your drying operation to fit your individual needs.. Your finished target is 58 to 65%.. I then use a 62% Boveda pack to insure long term storage conditions..
    http://www.bovedainc.com/solutions/herbal/
    I've found a 60 gram package of 62% in a half gallon mason jar to be the most effective..

18. I did my first grow in 1971 and along the way have had massive screw ups and mind blowing harvests.  Pretty much, you name it - I tried it, in dirt NeWay.

Growing our favorite herb can be real complex or quite simple.

My experience is that our old friend Mr. William Ockham has it right with his principle of economy, which states that among competing hypotheses, the one with the fewest assumptions should be selected. Other, more complicated solutions may ultimately prove correct, but-in the absence of certainty-the fewer assumptions that are made, the better.

So, I try not to overcomplicate it. Like people say, it's just a weed.  :)

Good luck in your future grows.