The Lonely Thread

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by SassyMelassy, Sep 17, 2012.

1. Yeah man. I read your post before the edit and I feel it. It's shitty. Hope y'all doing well. I just woke up from a shitty ass dream about her and goddamn it got me thinking stupid shit. Stand up and stupid YouTube videos to drown out my thoughts till I'm able to crash again.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

2. I still love her more than anything.

We were looking at engagement rings 4 months ago. That's so hard for me to wrap my head around. I recently was put back on a small dose of unmentionables that I used to abuse and I'm honestly afraid of falling back into that if I get into a hole again. Have her hear thru the grapevine that I'm back on the thing I kicked before we broke up to focus on my life, our life together.

Maybe I should see somebody. I honestly don't know. Right now my head is in the space of making as much money as possible while spending $120 a month on gas and going out. Then practicing guitar and studying for school next fall. Gives me something to focus on. But for fucks sake, I want her back. By this time next month we'd of had our own place, been financially stable together.

It breaks my fucking heart. It's been almost three months and I still think of her every day. My friends say I'm holding on too long (ones married never been thru a major break up, ones never been in a relationship like mine before now and is denying that he's head over heels in love with the girl) so does my family. But 4 years together is a long time at 21. And 2 months ain't a long time to get over it.

I just want to be with her. But I know that the way things ended, that's not a possibility. Not a likely one anyhow...

Shows how strong love is. She supposedly cheated on me before we even broke up. And I was, and still am willing to make it work. But I don't think that's the answer.

I know it's not the right answer.
    ....so what is?
    I've got a fishing trip in the morning. Gonna talk with my buddy about shit and get my mind off things by the water. Hopefully I can catch dinner

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
    I read in a break up book that it takes as long to get over someone the same amount of time you were together. Give yourself a break! you're in a grieving period.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I wish i had friends and felt competent. I feel like a fucking idiot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Why do you feel that way? Is there anything you like to do where you would be in a position to make some friends?

• Like Like x 1
  5. man i wish i had a girl that was my best friend, seems like a pipe dream

• Like Like x 1
  6. man i wish i had a girl that was my best friend, seems like a pipe dream

7. well got back from a week in amsterdam with 2 far away friends i barely see. back to rotting i guess.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Met a girl who feels like she's just right for me, and she seems to have somewhat of an above standard interest in me. She does, however, have a boyfriend in another state. I respect the institution of a relationship far too much to fuck with it. But it also sounds like she wants to hang out some more. I feel like I could damn near win her over just by being myself, but then I also run the risk of getting my heart shredded, which has happened a good few times in the past.

Hard to know where to go from here. This is also the first time I've really made an effort to put myself out there in the past 6 years or so. I'm sure I'll run into some other gals, but my head is already fucking with me and seems to want me to stay the course with her. Fuq

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. why try when every action and proceeding failure just confirms how worthless i am

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. It's unlikely that these are the things deciding your worth. It's more likely that you are, brother. If there's some shit you're otherwise unpleased about in regards to yourself (things that also may turn off potential partners) then do your damnedest to change and get your ass back out there. It's not so easy, but it's likely that's what it reduces to.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Just be yourself and try not to get too emotionally invested - easier said than done. If she is unhappy with her relationship there will be signs. But if all seems to be going well with her partner then its more likely not to progress

12. I'm sure you are competent and not an idiot.

I have no friends ...I wish I had 1 or 2 GOOD ones and that's it.

Plus my mental health and physical health is poor. I also don't look too people friendly.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Agreed. Her behavior and conversation when I was last with her didn't strike me as someone who was particularly happy with the relationship, and I have found out some stuff since then from a mutual friend of sorts. From what I understand the info I have acquired certainly helps my case. Though at the same time I'm not terribly confident that I have enough info to jump to a concrete conclusion. Especially since he just recently paid her somewhat of an extended visit.

Def will be guarding my heart regardless.

• Like Like x 1
  14. The mystery behind this gal's feelings has been dissolved. She's contented/happy in her current relationship. Back on the road again, I s'pose.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I miss her so fucking much. Waking up after staying back at my parents house for a night and I woke up from the most personal/intimate dream with her there with me.

I haven't woken up in tears like this in a long time. Since my grandma died.

We had plans to get married, just months before she left me we were planning it her engagement ring. I had everything lined up.

And it kills me knowing she's still struggling with her addiction. It's really killing me not being there.

The hook.. or whatever it is. I'm not up in music terms anymore.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  16. #49056 Nullion, Apr 27, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
    yep

17. i'm lonely cause i need a job but theres no work round here

• Like Like x 1
  18. Hard to believe.

19. My girlfriend is going on a trip with her dad to Portugal, she just left today.

I already miss her and it hasn't even been a full day yet. Worse part is she won't be back until next Saturday and my birthday is on Friday. :(

• Like Like x 1
  20. Immmmmmm baaaaack!

So this chick... Ah who gives a fuck, there was a chick, now there isn't. End of story.

Boo hoo, I'm sad, I'm not good enough for anyone/there's no one out there for me.

• Like Like x 1