The Lonely Thread

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by SassyMelassy, Sep 17, 2012.

1. I don't want to keep swimming. I'll eventually meet someone and I'll know it's a BAD idea but I'll be so desperate for companionship.. That I take what I can get then bitch about how she did me wrong after she does me wrong.

If you can't win the game, if you can't solve the puzzle; then you're just another loser.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Well don't complain about what you get if you will settle for anything. Honestly just work on yourself and do shit you need to do. Don't think about it. And it will happen. I fucking hate malls, I hate bars, people are pretentious little pricks these days. They will only talk to people who look like they have money OR they're hot. And later on they realize that the fuck has no substance.

Your time will come, being alone is a good thing. I don't know everything but I've been extremely lonely and in odd situations longing for someone to be there, but my anxiety kept me from going out and getting anything. But life works itself out, for better or for worse. And if it's for worse it won't last forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Hate the fact you're right

If you can't win the game, if you can't solve the puzzle; then you're just another loser.

4. So I ran into an old friend recently, we talked for a bit, exchanged numbers. She was very flirty and we chatted for a few days before I asked her out to dinner. At which point she said she was busy and we needed to reschedule... after 1 or 2 more attempts to go out together she explained that she has a boyfriend. Ok, that's understandable... she is a very attractive with a strong personality. After this conversation she said we could still hang out.

I thought about it for a few days and then decided that I could use a friend who was a good person. All of my friends are just caricatures of terrible people from my past... Something I need to move on from. I tried to explain this and set up a day where we could have a conversation face to face. No dice. All the while she is still being a flirty bird. Whatever.

Why string me along? Self indulgence? I'm legitimately trying to be a good person. Can we still be friends? Should I be the one to stop bothering with you? This is annoying.

I guess I'm over thinking this because I'm #lonely.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lol. Or maybe shes a good girl. Dont be a homewrecker theres plenty of other women.

You seem like a 50 no's and 1 yes is a yes kind of guy.

6. Not trying to be a homewrecker. I'm literally trying to get friendzoned.

7. whats he supposed to do when the girl is steady flirting? she'll eventually ruin her own relationship.

#Lonely

• Like Like x 1
  8. Idk maybe not ask her out 50 times. Define flirt. Some people think just bc a girl hasnt told you to buzz off its flirting.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Youve asked her on a date. She said no. Then you ask her to chill out as friends. She said no. As a fellow dude I know what your trying to do.

• Like Like x 1
  10. yeah but he said he wants to be legitimate friends with her. we don't wanna put our dicks in EVERYBODY. just about though.

11. Hey man whatever floats your boat. Id smash any dude asking out my chick. Especially after she said no numerous times.

12. honestly it might be better for yourself to not get involved with her. she sounds like shes trying to be nice but is confusing as fuck. maybe a little immature. even if she was available she might be a headache

• Like Like x 1
  13. honestly to me since you keep saying how flirty she is but she won't go out with you and won't even see you as a friend, she's probably just enjoying the attention and feeling wanted and you shouldn't spend any time getting hung up on her. that's just my opinion

• Like Like x 2
  14. So I asked her out before I knew she had a boyfriend... Oops.

I tried to be friends... I guess that came across as insincere. Whatever.

I'm just venting. She does come across as immature and attention seeking. Which sounds super harsh considering we were friends at one point. Oh well.

15. I totally understand man I'm in a similar situation, no idea wtf to do

Sent from my LGL33L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Seruoisly. Some people confuse being nice with flirting. A solid no shouldnt be confusing. Even if someone is single and they're so so about wanting to hang out with you, it usually means they just arent that into you. You can accept that or try to over analyze it but personal experience has shown me that people who truly want to spend time with you will do so. OP should just quit talking to the girl and move on to someone who is happy and excited to hang out with him.

• Like Like x 2
  17. I hear ya. I just hate when dudes lie about their intentions.

18. Never got a solid no. I get the 'something came up, let's put this off for now' treatment.

Regardless, you're right. I didn't post for advice I already know all the stuff being spoken in this thread (even the 'I'm a bro, you're a bro, we only talk to chicks to fuck' perspective)

19. Lol. Thats a no.

Like I said you seem like a 50 no's and 1 yes is a yes kind of guy.