The Logic Behind Tearing Down Confederate Memorials

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OrganicSamurai, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Here is Thomas Dilorenzo Author of " Lincoln's Tariff War ". Definitely a good watch if you have the time.

2. As long as we are tearing down monuments to slavery, I nominate the IRS building to be next.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. I second this, though I would like to add a couple thousand buildings.

4. Why stop there since the Right doesn't want to pay for anything anyway.

5. "The right this, the left that"

It isnt the things that seperate the parties that should bother you, it is the things that they do in unison that should worry you.

Like war, taxation, debt-banking system, centralization, etc

The divise between Americans is likely very narrow, if much of any, but the political flame are being fanned from above, to channel peoples discontent toward each other instead of toward the real enemy of free people, i.e. our own 'government'. And I dont think all the people that get into politics had ill intentions but they get sucked into the sociopathic world.

People need to realize, governments dont need to be inherently bad, but we need to keep socio and psychopaths out.

I suppose i will end my tangent rant. (this wasnt directed at your scurfer, your comment was just the catalyst).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Thanks, I'm here for the simple entertainment. Maybe I'll talk about my psychopathic problems with you once I get to know you better.

7. What else then? I'm all ears?

8. I'm not the one that wants to destroy our country, you are. It's your choice.

9. Hehehe! On the contrary thief.

10. Tired of winning yet?

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Nope, at least you finally admit defeat.

12. Because this is the generation of pussys. Oh don't say that it will offend me don't say that as well. That statue offends me that monument offends me so take it down I don't like the way your looking at me I'm offended. Mommy daddy please help that boy offended me and hurt my feeling. Bullshit

13. I just read on Globalist Agenda 21 Elitist Fake News that Robert E Lee was against erecting Confederate memorials concerned they might "keep open the sores of war."

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. it is nice to see our president speaking out about it... instead of like so many before him. reading a speech full of bullshit that is meaningless.

obama had the B.L.M. group come to the white house....that guy was so quick to jump to conclusions before knowing all the facts,

i just wonder how far it will escalate,? will people start shooting over this ? and thier really aint no way to de-escalate it,,,,, neither side is going to have a sit down and try to work out the issues...

or perhaps we should do like OBAMA did.. talk about it while sharing a beer,

it to me is just a sign of ignorance... neither side is going to give in. thus the problem just get's bigger,

where is a public official that says '' the statues in our town is staying put''?

15. The statues were built along racist lines though man.

Most nearly a generation after the war had ended, during the Jim Crow era. Then again during the Civil Rights movement. Is that just a coincidence or is it inherently racist?

As a country we need to move on, you hold onto this shit for over a century and things haven't exactly gotten better. Put em in a museum to remind the country of a dark past like the Germans do. The country needs to unite and as predicted the statues will continue to divide.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Fun fact that I'm sure will be ignored. A lot of these statues were actually put up we after the civil war. There was a big spike in the construction of these monuments during the Jim crowe era and the civil rights movement. The idea that most of these statues were built immediately after the war and are great historical artifacts is not true in many cases.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Something something you're a snowflake libcuck and want to destroy history like ISIS. How dare you post about the context of these statues.

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. I'm just trying to call it like I sees it, for both sides of the issue.

Saying it's purely historical is a bunch of BS. Especially for southern states, where racism is rampant and pretty out in the open.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. yeah I think thats something that all of us can get behind, no doubt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. I have seen no evidence that barry didn't know all the details about BLM before inviting them, have you?