The "Lipstick on a Pig" Ad: On Drugs

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AmericanDrugWar, Sep 13, 2008.

1. YouTube - The McCain/Palin "Lipstick on a Pig" Ad: On Drugs

The McCain/Palin campaign recently put out a commercial which took a quote from Barack Obama out of context to make him appear sexist towards Sarah Palin. After becoming an embarassment in the media, the spot has since been pulled from both the McCain website and YouTube. Enjoy this short spoof brought to you by the good people at Sacred Cow Productions.

The original ad:
    YouTube - John McCain Lipstick on Pig Ad re: Gov. Sarah Palin v Obama

McCain's Ambien Use a Security Threat?
    ABC News: McCain's Ambien Use: a Security Threat?

Meet Track Palin
    Fresh Intelligence : Radar Online : Meet Track Palin, Drug Addict

2. Sarah Palin doesn't think humans are causing global warming, McCain is very anti-pot and is apparently diggin' the Ambien.

Obama 2008, IMO.

3. your missing the point brosephs

4. Meh, I didn't watch the first one before posting, but I still don't really get this. Is there some big point to them all referring to lipstick on a pig?

5. The fact that they're making such a big deal about it all is sexism. Hypocrites!!

6. Umm, neither do I...

Humans only output around 3% of the worlds annual CO2 emissions, and it's actually water vapor that causes for the major slowing of heat dissipation, about 90%.

I'd like to see your evidence, if you don't mind, that makes you conclude humans are causing global warming.

7. #7 Norma Stits, Sep 13, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
    aaronman,
    have you heard about them trying to classify C02 as a pollutant and possibly taxing companies based on c02 emissions?
    what a great scam they have going man..

http://www.dieselnet.com/news/2007/04epa.php
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbon_credit

8. Yes, it is a shame everyone fell for Gore's docuganda.

My favorite theory for the cause of global warming is the cyclical pattern of the solar and celestial bodies, found in Svensmark's "The Chilling Stars"

A summary of the book can be read about here: Solar and Celestial Causes of Global Warming

9. Wait, hold on. I understand not being completely sold on the concept of global warming, but do you guys really see no potential problems with the mass consumption of fossil fuels? Like pollution for example...?

10. well the chinese seem to live decent lives

11. #11 Tray Dub, Sep 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2008
    [​IMG]

1500 years ago, there was no global warming cycle. This is not a symptom of the solar spot cycle.

http://royalsociety.org/page.asp?id=6229

Just go through there to see the proof. I dare you to fuck with it. :)

Edit: ah man, my graph didn't work, and my link was invisible. Here's the graph: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:2000_Year_Temperature_Comparison.png

12. They seem to live horrible, fearful, dirty, poor, diseased, sweatshop enveloped lives.

13. I'm sure you've watched "An Inconvenient Truth" and know most of the info Gore presented in it. Just assuming that, I can't even begin to imagine what the FUCK you're thinking by disagreeing.

I'm not even going to list off all the very clear evidence in the documentary. Honestly, you just have to be ignorant or very stubborn about your own ideas not to believe it. What are you even saying by disagreeing with it? Using oil to continue to fuel our vehicles is perfectly fine? The massive amounts of CO2 humans release into the atmosphere is ok? Lets hear it

14. This is true.

Now lets look further back in time, instead of only selecting such a short frame:
    [​IMG]

There are many hypothesis for past temperatures as well, so you have to examine each. Here is ice core:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Ice_Age_Temperature.png

I haven't seen the entire movie, but from what I gathered it was biased, speculative and unsubstantiated. Gore is a lobbyist paid by the British government. "Global warming" scares and regulation was hypothesized half a century ago as a means of controlling a 'peacetime' population, its an old play card.

And consider the advantage in classifying carbon emissions as pollutants for already established Western economies, and the power it will give them over the rising third world nations they already exploit.

We would have never gotten to where we were today with the environmental regulations we want to impose, and its all based on what proof again?

Could you refresh my memory, what is the irrefutable proof that humans are the major cause of the recent rise in temperature?

15. #15 CannabisInCanada, Sep 14, 2008
    Really? She just gained some credibility in my books. Fuck green America for the mostpart.

And Al Gore isn't making tons of money through his company selling carbon credits that are WORTHLESS.

In the 70's they were predicting an inevitable ice age. Everyone was convinced of it. Seem familiar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Io-Tb7vTamY

16. Feel free to respond to the link I provided, where the theories you spoke about is debunked. :). I hope you can do it, I sure hope global warming isn't real.

17. #17 Kasrkin, Sep 14, 2008
    Well, I dont think I know enough about this to argue on my own terms, not sure about you. All I can do is decide who to believe, and I think Gore presented some pretty solid evidence in the film, such as how global CO2 levels and temperatures have been spiking since 1970 or so. Spiking up to more than twice the levels in the cyclic-high periods you mentioned. I'm pretty sure you're not a scientist, so we're both stuck believing who we want to believe.

As for having an advantage over third world countries....well I think we should stop meddling and worrying so much about other countries, but thats not up to me. If we were to develop the clean and advanced technology and practically eliminate our dependence on foreign oil it shouldn't matter to our side. If you could suddenly grow all your own food and collect your own water and make everything you need for yourself, why would you buy it from someone else? In reality you would just think "well, he's just going to have to find another customer" (assuming this is even what you meant) Plus we would then be facilitating the advancement of the rest of the world to clean tech indirectly.

What do you mean we wouldn't be where we are today with environmental regulations?

Theres no irrefutable proof of anything, only the speculation of whoever looks into this kind of thing, and however people like us decide to process their info.

And even if Gore is out for himself a little, how much harm could really come from it? Some high-ups have more cash in their pockets, but global CO2 levels and temperatures will be down as well. Global warming to me just doesnt seem like the kind of thing you make a farce out of to get a quick buck.

18. For economic reasons we should lessen our dependence on oil. Not for this speculative theory.

When the western world industrialized we weren't regulated.

Traydub, I skimmed that piece and it wasn't convincing. It downplays the alternative hypotheses and embellishes on the accuracy of data. I'll check it out later in depth.

19. Fair enough, friend. :)

20. Well so what if it is speculative? All he's really asking is to develop cleaner technology and for the general public to follow in suit. If this happens we reduce and then eliminate foreign oil need, and also reduce our carbon emissions by a huge amount, I'm not really seeing the downside to what Gore is putting on the table in the film or about global warming in general.