The Lifecycle of an Empire: Why freedom leads to tyranny under any government

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Chaohinon, Dec 3, 2008.

1. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02rvMwSlAu0"]YouTube - True News 14: Statism is Dead - Part 4 - Free Range Empires[/ame]

2. This is a farse to prove ideals of libertarianism.

I like true news, I subscribe to there podcast but most empires do not fall because of tyranny, and this simplification of why the romans fell does not give credit to all the other problems they had.

Productivity=/= Tyranny

The british empire was not founded on cotton and was an empire well before America ever came into existance. Transportation was there empire, they had the best ships in the world, and could more more freely around the world benifiting emensly from trade of all goods.

To say an extent America started free range empire, and was pushing further torwards the almighty goal tell set backs occured.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvrgD0mAFoU"]YouTube - Dan Barber: A surprising parable of foie gras[/ame]

Although I disagree with that video, I would like to further this arguement with this video, I know it is odd but it totally pertains to this arguement I promise.

3. haha, thats funny, its feeding you bullshit.
    how can u call that "true news"

4. True news is ok if you don't drink there koolaid to much, there are alot of honest things they talk about.

5. Dude, please, regurgitating stupid stereotypical rhetoric isn't helping your cause.

Empiricism is a major issue that your country NEEDS to deal with.

6. Empiricism or Imperialism?

7. I'm not saying imperialism is not something my country needs to deal with.

The points made in this video to prove there point were a farse.

8. Touche. haha. I'm mixing up my politics and philosophy. :eek:

I'm baked and didn't watch the video. Libertarianism has enough reason behind it.

9. #9 vapeking, Dec 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2008
    as soon as people find out they can vote to loot the treasury (aka entitlement programs), the candidate who promises to loot in the most always wins the majority vote, which leads to people depending on the government or drown themselves in debt, which leads to huge government, which leads to massive public debt, which leads to huger government, which ultimately leads to dictatorship. see mussolini.

democracy leads to dictatorship because democracy is nothing but tyranny of the majority.

that's why the founders intended for the US to be a constitutional republic, not a democracy. democracy is one of the worst and least free forms of government.

edit:

"A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship." -- Alexander Fraser Tytler