The 'Life is Pretty Damn Good' thread

Discussion in 'General' started by Super Gum, May 31, 2011.

1. I'm not sure if there's something like this, but what's wrong with taking stabs in the dark, yknow?
    I'm pretty buzzed right now. Cheap wine is where it's at, yknow. And I'm realizing I'm pretty damn content with my life and where it's heading. Let's get some more positive vibes in here. Why are you a happy cupcake? Why is life just rocking all the way for you?
    I'll start. I'm pretty stinking happy in my relationship, with my friends, and in school. I'm volunteering a bunch and am so happy with it. I'm reaching my dreams in life and don't feel like I'm selling out in my beliefs one stinkin' bit. Here's to life, my friends. May it treat you decently at least once or twice.. (; *Raises glass*

2. As much as I bitch and complain my life is great! I have more than I could ever ask for and it's not material things. Good friends, caring family, I'm healthy, and so much more.

3. I'm bumping this! And sharing all the things that make me happy!
    Share what makes you happy too!
    Who knows, we might all catch a bit of happiness from eachother...:D

-After it rains. The world turns this deep emerald green and everything is dripping and exhausted and the whole world just sleeps and basks in wetness.
    -When it rains and is sunny at the same time. I feel like nature breaks its rules a little at that moment...and it's mischievous and beautiful all at once.
    -That moment where you stop not liking someone or something. Like you are annoyed with someone but they turn out really fun. And the same goes for food. I used to hate banana peppers. I just ate one and, well, it was beautiful. We both basked in the joys of love
    -After a long walk with you're dog and your tired, she's tired, and you know, at that moment, that she's not gonna beg to go for a walk for the rest of the day...that's a good feeling.

Share!?

4. i hear ya man. i have 11 bucks in my pocket, no work at all right now so im not gonna have money anytime soon, no car, no license, and i live with my parents who are addicts while trying to fight a drug addiction. looking at the glass half empty it fucking sucks, but i just accept the situation im in and am coordinating myself in a good direction, i mean in a little over a year i will be finished with school and make around 40k a year. i also have a great girl who sticks by my side, plus i live in florida and able to go to the beach, surf, fish, hike, just enjoy this beautiful nature. nobodys life is perfect, the people who are happiest and focus on the things they have, and not the things they want.

5. Right! Everyone is lacking something they want. All you have to do is look at the beautiful things you have. Like nature. And music.

6. Shit like this makes ME happy.

Beautiful outlook tokin jax.
    If only more would share this.
    "focus on the things they have, and not the things they want"
    the world would be an infinitely better place.

As for my life, my youngest graduates HS in 2 weeks :hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:
    My 3 year old grandson gets more beautiful every day, I love my wife of 28 years
    more every day, my kids are awesome, and I have managed to drop over 60 pounds
    off my fat ass :eek:.
    Life hasn't always been this kind, and it makes me appreciate when things are
    going well.....

7. The next 1 - 5 years its going to be the pivoting point of my life.....just keep this name remembered...

8. I've got a great job and I'm making good fucking money doing what I love. Sometimes it sucks because I can die doing this job but it's worth it. I've got the best friends I could ask for and I just met possibly the most beautiful girl ever and she's liking me a lot :D I'm taking her on a date this weekend.

Just living the dream, dudes! life is awesome. :smoke:

9. you actually realize that life is pretty damn good after you go thru a life is pretty damn bad phase, y'know? perspective is where its at.

10. Congrats on all your achievements! It sounds like you and the wifey need to go take a vacation to celebrate all the beautiful things in your life!
    This story made me so happy. :love::love::love:

What name? "PunchingZebra"? What do you have a head of you? I'm excited to hear all about it!!

I have a new happysplosion
    I bought a pizza and wings
    My boyfriend came home with beer.
    There is nothing better than having some good cheap American food.
    What a night!

11. My life is good.

I have a full time job that i enjoy doing, until i go back to my awesome school working towards a respectable degree and when im there i get to live in a house with a bunch of my good friends.

Everything in my life is pretty damn good right now and i appreciate it.

12. Thanks so much Super Gum. Life has a way of kicking you in the nuts and it's nice when
    the kicking stops for awhile.

Funny thing. We just got back from a wonderful week on the beach a couple of
    weeks ago. Still on a bit of a buzz. It was SO good..... how good was it?

My youngest brought some friends over when the wife and I were out of town, showed off
    my grow :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, pics were taken, chatter, chatter. Day I got back from vacation, I had take it all down. I was so naturally high from a perfect vacation, I didn't even get pissed til the next day lol. true.

13. You have such a beautiful attitude!!!

Trust me, he'll learn what he's done wrong in the future. He's still a kid. ;)

14. You may not believe it, but he is a she. My third and last teenaged daughter.
    She's a great kid.

BUT, let me tell ya, teenaged daughters are a kick in the nuts waiting to happen :eek:.
    I have the swollen sac to prove it heh.

15. Oh trust me! I know! I was a teenage daughter once. ;)