The Libertarian Party

Discussion in 'General' started by HeaDiEs RusH, Nov 5, 2009.

1. #1 HeaDiEs RusH, Nov 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2009
    This party was just introduced to me today and I have been spending some time on their website www.lp.org

They have a lot of great points that I really support like...
    1. Ending drug prohibition:bongin:
    2. Right to own a gun
    3. Saving the environment
    4. Anti-censorship
    5. Reforming healthcare
    6. Fixing immigration
    7. Ending internet censorship
    8. Online privacy
    9. Lowering Taxes

Now I think this party appears to be a good solution to what this country needs right now with all of the corruption/money wasting.

What's the catch though? I have only seen what they have to say on their own website, but I want some of you guys to fill me in on anything I may be missing. Are they really all they say they're cut out to be? Who knows maybe someday we will get a libertarian president, and I think we all know what would happen next...:D

:gc_rocks::bongin::smoking::hippie::smoke::yay:

2. No catch from what I know. Im a libertarian myself

PS Its www.lp.ORG

3. Do you believe in non-propertarian libertarianism or propertarian libertarianism?

4. Don't care for them. To me, they are just republicans who stick a little closer to constitutional rights. Nothing that great about them. Of course, I don't subscribe to parties. It seems to be a waste of time.

5. Fixed.

Elaborate please?

6. Libertarian views just make sense to me. I'd consider myself a propertarian. I enjoy the fact that I can own land and call it my own and restrict access to it if I so desire.

7. From Wiki:

The term Propertarianism has been used to describe various views regarding private property. Those holding positive views on property rights may be described as propertarian. However, others opposed to private property may be described as non-propertarian or anti-propertarian.

8. The only president we'll ever have will either be republican or democrat, because those are the parties that have the most money, and it takes fat cash to win elections. Not to mention, the president doesn't do jack shit as far as making changes, he's simply a spokesmen and guy who signs shit cuz he's told to by the real powers that be, if he tries to do things his own way, he'll be assassinated.

9. Non-propertarian's dont believe in private property, propertarian's believe private property is a fundamental human right.

10. Well in that case I would consider myself a propertarian.

11. So you believe having private property is a human right.

Why so?

12. Well, people have been owning private property for as long as people have been able to build themselves a shelter... Seems like a fairly basic principle of life.

13. Jeez Dickie, you just love fresh meat don't you? :p

14. Nah, i was just curious.

Libertarianism is complicated.