The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Discussion in 'General' started by DutchX8, Oct 10, 2008.

1. I've had this game sitting by my Wii for ages. I tried it once, but couldn't get into it, and I just tried it again with the same result. I was a HUGE fan of Ocarina of Time when that came out, and with all the reviews saying that Twilight Princess was the true successor to OoT, I got my hopes up. But it just doesn't feel the same. It feels more childish in a way, like when you open a chest you hear this gay little twinkle that makes you feel like a 6 year old girl just for playing it. Whereas in OoT, when you opened a chest you got this awesome orchestra piece. To avoid going on a rant, i'll stop here. But are there any other Zelda gamers here that feel the same as me about Twilight Princess? And if you liked it, what am I missing? I haven't really got that far into the game yet, i'm still at the forest temple.

2. 100% disagree. TP was pure awesomeness and I regret selling my Wii before finishing it.

3. Did you play OoT? I respect your opinion but do you at least agree with me that TP felt very childish in comparison to OoT?

4. Well, the zombies in OoT scared the shit out of me when I was younger and there was deffinitly a darker feel compaired to the twilight monsters in TP. My personal favorite was Link to the Past, then OoT. I loved MM and TP equally.

5. I have played nearly every Zelda Game man and TP was not what I was hoping it would be. I think it's because it didn't have as much fighting as the other games but was a majority of puzzles.

6. I doont know the final boss battle in Twilight Princess is very comparable to the one in Ocarina of Time so keep that in mind if you want to play through it all.

7. Of course it felt childish, that was kinda the target market after they experimented with the great games that were OOT and Majoras Mask.

8. haha do you mean those things that came out of Hyrule Field at night? They scared the crap out of me too! Oh man I really wanna hook up my N64 and play it again...

Honstly, I think it's just the sound effects that kill TP for me... Why did they have to go from this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTIMKvfuTH4 (53 sec) to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3naw--AOKE (39 sec)

It just ruins the atmosphere. I dunno... do you think TP feels like OoT? How would you compare them?