The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by Space, Jun 15, 2010.

1. #1 Space, Jun 15, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2010
    Announced earlier today. Retaining the realism or Twilight Princess, but reverting back to the cell-shaded colouring style of The Wind Waker...this looks interesting.

First here's the debut trailer
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dYgrMz_XBI&playnext_from=TL&videos=sFM9K6jfMrs]YouTube - The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword E3 2010 Debut Trailer [HD][/ame]

Second, the demonstration. The wiiremote and nunchuck directly control your sheild and sword, and only 4 buttons(excluding the pause button) are used. A, B, C, and Z.
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4XpGnegMns&NR=1]YouTube - NEW ZELDA Skyward Sword & Miyamoto E3 2010 Reveal NEW ZELDA for the WII[/ame]

Cool stuff. I'll keep you fine people posted :)

2. A reason to buy a Wii now. Gotta have it!

3. I haven't used my wii in a couple years but this and the new Donkey Kong country (which looks AMAZING) will definitely make me bust it out.

4. i like that tloz is still around. oot will and always will be the best though

5. I literally sold my Wii 2 weeks ago, and... now I find out about all of this.

I guess I'll have to buy a new one...

6. It actually looks great. I got bored of Twilight Princess when I got to the sky temple, but this actually looks like the kind of Zelda I'm after - a mix between Windwaker and OoT.

7. lol i still have my wii, sweet.

8. Fuck yeah.

9. oh man oh man.
    when i saw wii at first i was like :rolleyes:
    but that looks sweet. gotta try.

10. While not related to Skyward Sword, this this some awesome Zelda news.

Ocarina of Time is being remade for the 3DS! FUCK YEAH!

[​IMG]

Confirmed the other day via Nintendo of America's Twitter, these are some screen-shots of a demo video shown running on the new 3DS 'behind closed doors' at E3. The title is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D. Seems they're slapping '3D' on the end of games now (as seems that's what they're doing the same with the Starfox 64 remake as well). Just like the good old 64 games :p

OoT will come out on the 3DS' launch day (TBA), the 3DS will be out "In all major markets before March 2011"

here's some more pictures *drools*
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. nostalgia collision.

12. Once again, fuck yeah.

13. #13 Space, Jul 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2010
    OoT has been confirmed to be a 3DS launch title. :)

Once some new info about either new Zelda game is released (nothing major since OoT was announced) I'll post it here. This will serve as the 'Zelda' thread that I'll keep updated

14. Can't wait for Skyward Sword or the new Ocarina of Time to come out :D

15. Skyward Sword is going to be a solid game for sure, I haven't really been too disappointed with any of the Zelda titles that I have played. It may serve as a reason for me to finally replace my stolen Wii, if Metroid Other M doesn't. :p

Any word on when it is going to be released?

16. as someone who played n64 religiously (owned over 50 games) at a ripe young age
    and someone who didnt even CONSIDER to EVER purchase a stinking WII... now is looking to buy one for very cheap.

how cheap can you get a wii now?
    and ill make srue to put a mod in that fucker as soon/or even before i get it.

why would you not mod your wii? free games yaaaaa wordddd im down for taht

17. Looks really sick. Didn't know they were making a new DK, guess I'll have to check that out to.

18. ..
    ▲ ▲

19. Personally i like a darker zelda like twilight princess but any zelda is a good zelda. Also windwaker was awesome.